Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Don't underestimate a BEC
Jon Ison

posted on 23/6/05 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Don't underestimate a BEC

here is part of the race report from brands....................................

Before the RGBs went out the Roadsports Championship had their qualifying session. The Roadsports Championship is an eclectic mix of sports cars, including Nobles, Porsches, a Morgan +8, a TVR Tuscan etc. At the front of the grid the cars will be costing well in excess of £50,000, and yet the pole winner (Noble) wouldn’t have made the top three in RGB! Furthermore, the third quickest Roadsports runner in a Noble M12 would have qualified fifteenth in RGB!

This does illustrate just how quick the RGB cars are, and whilst no one will ever say motorsport is cheap, the RGB Championship does represent incredibly quick and competitive racing for the money

tks

posted on 23/6/05 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
bloody hell

indeed this is an very good comparison,

sad to say that maybe the circuit can suit the bec better then the other cars...

altough its fine to know it..

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

tiffshaw

posted on 23/6/05 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
The RGB racing at brands was stunning!

Got sun burnt but a great day out.

Its a shame you didn't make it with the GT1 Jon as i'm helping to build one and would have liked to see it race. (But then you northern guys do start to get nose bleeds at watford gap! much as I do going to other way to all the major kit shows!)

Although the RGB's were quicker the 4.5 litre V8 Morgan was seriously impressive!

Chris

Jon Ison

posted on 23/6/05 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Two things kept us away from Brands...

1) Distance.
2) we would not have got an entry anyway, the grid was oversubscribed by those that have filled in a "bulk entry" never mind people like me who enter one race at a time, i know there where at least 6 reserves, its a long way too travel to be 7th reserve.

Just shows how the quick the iccle buggers are though, the V8 Morgan does go very well, ive seen it out at several circuits, ive run V8 myself in the past and love the sound but 12500rpm does it for me at the mo.

Alez

posted on 24/6/05 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote

Very interesting.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.