Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1300GT BHP?
Rick

posted on 12/7/03 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
1300GT BHP?

What is the sort of power I can expect from a rebuilt 1300Gt engine with offset dowells and contactless ignition?

assuming all is setup correctly.

What are the top cars supposed to be getting?

Any of you racers know, it would give me datum to work from.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 12/7/03 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
I have been told by a top finnisher , that 6 of the cars have engines built for them and all produce 91 bhp on a rolling road including his
Hope this helps

Jason

Rick

posted on 12/7/03 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it does thanks.

Do you think they would notice if I hide a 4AGE under a Burtons rocker cover

I aim to use a Mexico drive train, since they were 90bhp that sound about right.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 12/7/03 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds ok to me, although, i havn't finnished the car yet so probably not the right person to take advice from

Jason

Rick

posted on 15/7/03 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Any input from anyone else who is racing?

Thanks Jason.

Rick

D Beddows

posted on 16/7/03 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Max BHP is a pretty meaningless number on its own to be honest but if you're seeing around 90ish (@ flywheel btw) with a fairly flat power curve you should be pretty competitive.

Of course different rolling roads will give you a slightly different figure to each other, the weather on the day plays a part and the max BHP figure can be 'manipulated' in other ways to a certain degree depending on how you do the test as well.

Oh, and if you're messing about with cam timing I strongly advise checking carefully how advanced/retarted the cam timing is with a 0 degree dowel before changing anything.......I speak from painful experience on this one

[Edited on 16/7/03 by D Beddows]

Rick

posted on 16/7/03 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dave I know what you mean.

Just wondering if you know anyone packing it in, as I am looking for a car even if it needs some work.

regards Rick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.