Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whats the difference? 1300/1300GT crossflow?
Rick

posted on 26/7/03 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Whats the difference? 1300/1300GT crossflow?

Whats the difference? 1300/1300GT crossflow?
I have an old type 1300GT and 711m 1300 standard engine.
What I want is a 1300GT 711m
So i'm thinking rebuiling the standard 711m to 1300gt spec but I don't know the real difference.
Can anyone help?

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gizmo

posted on 26/7/03 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Rick, bit late tonight to remember the measurable differences, but the GT head had bigger valves also a twin choke weber, different cam and a 4-2-1 fannymold. produced 72bhp from memory
D Beddows

posted on 27/7/03 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Camshaft and carb - possibly pistons if you have the misfortune to have come across a low compression engine - but you'll be reboring and replacing right . Everyone seems to say the 1300GT valves were bigger but it's not true, the GT valves were bigger than standard on the 1600 engines but not on the 1300 engines.

I've rolling road tested both on a 1300 bottom end - same power, less drivability with the 1600GT valves.......unless you port the head and fit twin webbers obviously but if you're going racing you can't - and if you're not you'd be fitting a 1600 anyway

Rick

posted on 27/7/03 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, so basically if I rebuild the 711m engine with the higher compression pistons(which are standard anyway) and put in a GT cam I have a 1300 GT engine, right?

I already have the carb and manifolds.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
D Beddows

posted on 27/7/03 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yes
D Beddows

posted on 27/7/03 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Marvelous, it's x-flow expert time again - yes there are a few differences between a 1300 x-flow and a 1300GT x-flow - very few, if any, of which can be bought new nowadays and anything you buy secondhand wont be sufficiently within origional tolerances to give you any advantage.

Rick, measure the inlet valves on your 1300 head, I would be suprised if they weren't 38mm but you never know...to do the job right I'd spend the 150ish quid it'd cost reconditioning the head which would sort it out anyway........

now duck, probable incoming 'expert' flack

[Edited on 27/7/03 by D Beddows]

[Edited on 27/7/03 by D Beddows]

Rick

posted on 27/7/03 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'm ducking

Thanks

Rick

posted on 27/7/03 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear
D Beddows

posted on 27/7/03 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
nah, I now buger all about engins me, hope my new job as rersercher for dictionryies hasn't sufferd from this

smert ass

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.