Board logo

Goodwood Festival of Speed
serieslandy - 21/5/09 at 10:22 AM

I'm thinking of going to the festival of speed on the Friday this July. What are the advantages of getting a "roving grandstand" ticket over just the standard admission as they are twice the price.

eddie99 - 21/5/09 at 11:05 AM

You just get a grandstand seat to watch the cars/bikes up the main straight, i dont think its worth it for twice the money, when you get a good view opposite by the fence

russbost - 21/5/09 at 12:15 PM

I'd say it depends when you are going, on Fri & perhaps on Sat you may be able to find a decent viewing spot without paying for a grandstand sea, on Sun & to a lesser extent Sat the place is rammed & any decent viewing spots are 8-10 deep or you need to get there 2 hours b4 you want to see anything to ensure a decent view!

cryoman1965 - 21/5/09 at 06:09 PM

Nearer the time of the event one of the broadsheet newspapers will offer free tickets for the Friday. Don't spend your dosh too early.

Nige

bob - 21/5/09 at 07:36 PM

If its your first visit to the FOS you probably wont have time to sit down anyway, my tip is to get there as early as possible so as to get around the pits before it gets busy which is any time after 09.00 am.

A must is a trek up the hill to the rally section Rescued attachment goodwood 20080999.JPG
Rescued attachment goodwood 20080999.JPG