Board logo

How simple would it be???
MOz - 3/6/07 at 06:54 AM

Short of making the full step into building a new car from scratch, I am also considering replacing the engine I have at the moment (carb'd CBR1100XX) with another (ZZR1400).

I'm hoping the new engine would mount very similar so I could use the same prop shaft etc etc. I am hoping to be able to plumb in the accusump I have in the car already. Would this be possible or are they specific???

How easy would this whole project be and what would I need to think about????? Happy to see a whole lists of things that would need attention. These spring to mind immediately.....

Airbox issues, mounting cradle, clocks, accusump, modified & baffled sump, ignition and electrics (fear lives here!) etc etc

Thanks.

MOz

G.Man - 3/6/07 at 07:32 AM

Wiring, gear linkage

Isnt the zzr1400 injection?

If so fuel pump

indykid - 3/6/07 at 07:38 AM

exhaust manifold?

tom

Hellfire - 3/6/07 at 08:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
Wiring, gear linkage

Isnt the zzr1400 injection?

If so fuel pump

Tank mounted pump so maybe a fuel tank too...

MOz - 3/6/07 at 08:42 AM

Bugger....................................

zxrlocost - 3/6/07 at 10:37 AM

your looking at a strip down mate

MOz - 3/6/07 at 11:14 AM

Winter project then......

Where do you stand on sva, mot and tax issues with a different, larger capacity engine???

MOz

mad-butcher - 3/6/07 at 11:25 AM

Sva only really comes into play if you make changes to chassis ( this really includes the likes of taking a road going mini and the fitting a tubular chassis in theory it should have an SVA)
in the case of the engine it's just like replacing a 1.3 pinto with a 2.00 pinto in a sierra notify swansea of the engine change and if necesary pay the higher tax, the only thing swansea want proof of is if you are trying to go down in taxation class (they don't like losing money)
Tony

ChrisGamlin - 3/6/07 at 11:44 AM

As mentioned, the exhaust manifold is probably the most expensive change.

If your fuel tank hasn't got a return pipe you'll need a new / modified tank anyway even if you use an inline pump.