Board logo

CBR954
ZEN - 10/1/08 at 07:57 PM

finally got a heart for my build
Engine is almost complete, missing radiator, exust, alternator cover...
Didn't get the instrumentation. Do i need one original or could i replace it completely with an digital aftermarket one?

[Edited on 10/1/08 by ZEN]

Jon Ison - 10/1/08 at 08:06 PM

Hi, yes there are several aftermarket digital displays that do all the functions you require, from relatively cheap to more than the cost of the engine, the choice is yours, sourcing the clocks to suit may be cheapest option though.

Peteff - 10/1/08 at 08:15 PM

Has it got the CDI with it and the matching HISS ignition? They are a matched set.

ZEN - 10/1/08 at 08:16 PM

Got the CDI but no HISS. Will that be a problem?

Dangle_kt - 10/1/08 at 09:45 PM

I belive it might be... they are coded and cost a packet

perhaps there is a work around, but i'd check out the fireblade forums for details.

ZEN - 10/1/08 at 10:44 PM

It seams that isn't possible to bypass HISS. USA models don't have the HISS Unfortumatly my isnt USA spec and the ECU goes on ebay for 200$ witch is far too much.

It seams that now I HAVE to finish my megasquirt project that is siting in my drawer for some time
Any one here magasquirted a fireblade?

jimgiblett - 11/1/08 at 12:31 PM

Try calling Andy Bates of AB Performance. If anyone knows a way round the Honda HISS problem he will. I believe he was very close last year.

Linky

- Jim

Toady1 - 11/1/08 at 01:27 PM

I was going to suggest fitting a usa loom and ecu. Ive wired mine up with the HISS all working. Do you have the ignition key?

ZEN - 11/1/08 at 04:10 PM

@jimgiblett

Ill try.

@Toady1

No I don't have the key

[Edited on 11/1/08 by ZEN]

alfasudsprint - 11/1/08 at 04:39 PM

where'd u buy from? i got mine from Malc at Yorkshire (top bloke BTW) and there is a way round it, fingers crosssed anyway. Good to see another 954.

If you want clocks I need rid of a set of 954 ones.

ZEN - 11/1/08 at 06:12 PM

Actualy I need the clocks. PM me for the price.
I got it from a bloke from Bjelovar Unfortunatly he sold the rest of the wrecked bike.

ZEN - 12/1/08 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jimgiblett
Try calling Andy Bates of AB Performance. If anyone knows a way round the Honda HISS problem he will. I believe he was very close last year.

Linky

- Jim

He also uses USA ECU and loom

tks - 12/1/08 at 06:30 PM

i would try to search and find an HISS module.

Then ordering some sparekeys and go to an honda dealer to reprogram the MCU to accept the new keys.

think it will be more hassle and expense then buying an USA CDI unit.

maybe you can send your UK model to them to modify the inside programs etc.

Tks

[Edited on 12/1/08 by tks]

Toady1 - 13/1/08 at 10:28 AM

Honda can re-program your ecu with new HISS stuff but it isnt cheap, especially when they find out its for a kit car and they wont get any future business from you! Id say your best bet really is to get in contact with either Andy Bates or Malc, and see if they would do a px with you on a new kit! Stick with the 954 tho! its a cracking engine and honda build quality really is second to none! You will be surprised how quick they are too! mine keeps up with porsche gt3's on trackdays!

ZEN - 13/1/08 at 08:05 PM

Ill see what woudl be the cheapest option on ECU/key. I'm not in a hurry. Just started the build of the chassis and have a few months to fix up the engine before installation.

@Toady1

I' aware of honda's superb engineering but I'm in doubt with my local honda distributor support for part's they didn't sell me.

What diff/tyre heve you got?
I'm going for a 3.38 diff from a diesel sierra and 13" wheels.

Toady1 - 13/1/08 at 08:29 PM

yeah that diff will be good. Ive got a 3.62 in mine with 205/50/15's.

good luck with your engine anyway.

ZEN - 16/1/08 at 08:10 PM

@Toady1

Have you used the bikes airbox or a csutom one? And how about the exoust header? Should I use the bikes radiator or should i find a bigger one from a car?

[Edited on 17/1/08 by ZEN]

Toady1 - 19/1/08 at 03:14 PM

pm replied mate!

ZEN - 28/1/08 at 07:36 PM

Got another question.
Will a UK/European clock fit on a USA loom/ECU?