Board logo

where do you measure size of QR slug needed? and any recommendations on which QR boss?
mads - 10/5/11 at 08:57 PM

am in process of getting a QR boss fitted to steering column but not sure which size slug I need. a 3/8 seems to be common one but where should i measure on the column to determine what size i need?

and anyone any recommendations on any particular QR boss kits that I should consider or alternatively avoid? i will definitely be getting a splined one as have read about the play with the hexagonal ones.

MakeEverything - 10/5/11 at 09:11 PM

Ive got one like New JDM Universal Quick Release Snap Off Boss Kit Black | eBay UK and its great. You cant put it on backwards or upside down, and theres a positive clunk as it locks in.

mads - 11/5/11 at 09:50 AM

Thanks Rich. Anyone got any other suggestions? am currently looking at racetech or lifeline...

McLannahan - 11/5/11 at 10:49 AM

Mads - I got mine from Rally Design but can't find it there now.

It's very similar to the RaceTech one (I've a RT wheel so it could easily be the exact same model?)

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p14888/BOSS-KIT-6-HOLE-70MM-PCD-3/4-SLUG/product_info.html?osCsid=0f1a4aadbdafaa1aad86a81e9f204724

It's been good. I've found the wheel easy to re-seat (when sitting in the car that is, it's easier to see the right way on) and it has a nice positive locking action too. It's splined and also had the weld-ojn slug.

ghostrain - 12/5/11 at 04:07 PM

We still sell both of the types of hubs mentioned above...the Quick release weld on splined drive hub,RD8622 is priced at £54.50 plus vat. The 6-bolt to 6-bolt hub,Quick release is priced at £39.50 plus vat.
The moderator of this site keeps attaching Trader to our postings which is true but we have sent many e-mails to him asking for his advertising costs and he never replies-please someone tell him that Rally Design does mot mind making a reasonable contribution to his costs.
Dave Elderfield
MD,Rally Design

Fozzie - 12/5/11 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ghostrain
.........The moderator of this site keeps attaching Trader to our postings which is true but we have sent many e-mails to him asking for his advertising costs and he never replies-please someone tell him that Rally Design does mot mind making a reasonable contribution to his costs.
Dave Elderfield
MD,Rally Design

Nope.......no u2u or emails sent to me (Administrator)..........
did you u2u ChrisW ....the owner of the site?

Fozzie ......Administrator....

Johneturbo - 12/5/11 at 05:30 PM

I've got the RD one i think. it was supplied with my kit from mnr with the slug already welded on

i'm thinking of going back to a normal bolt on wheel/hub

mads - 12/5/11 at 06:06 PM

Johneturbo - any particular for you returning back to normal steering wheel?

Johneturbo - 12/5/11 at 08:41 PM

for me two reasons

slight slop/play even with the splined ones, and the having to carry the steering wheel around with me if i park up somewhere!