Board logo

Hubcentric spacers. Thoughts?
Xtreme Kermit - 20/1/14 at 06:41 PM

I need to space my rear wheels out to fit the tub a bit better.

I was thinking 25mm with both on hubcentric spacers.

Good idea/Bad idea?

40inches - 20/1/14 at 06:59 PM

I would go with hubcentric and longer studs, shouldn't be a problem.

TimC - 20/1/14 at 08:10 PM

I once bought some Eibach hubcentric spacers - costly but very nicely engineered.

Xtreme Kermit - 20/1/14 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I would go with hubcentric and longer studs, shouldn't be a problem.

I was trying to be lazy a avoid replacing the studs...

loggyboy - 20/1/14 at 10:42 PM

25mm is on the limit of needing Bolt on hubcentrics, IMO they are better than pass thru hubcentrics with longer bolts, but a fair amount dearer. 20mm would be ok with entended bolts and JJC do a pair with bolts for about £30

rodgling - 20/1/14 at 11:25 PM

I have 25mm bolt on hubcentric spacers for this reason, works great. Although I have killed a wheel bearing in a pretty short time period, perhaps due to the extra load.

mcerd1 - 21/1/14 at 08:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
25mm is on the limit of needing Bolt on hubcentrics, IMO they are better than pass thru hubcentrics with longer bolts, but a fair amount dearer

yet I'm pretty sure its the bolt-on hubcentrics that are banned from several race classes due to safety issues...

long studs are the best solution

loggyboy - 21/1/14 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
25mm is on the limit of needing Bolt on hubcentrics, IMO they are better than pass thru hubcentrics with longer bolts, but a fair amount dearer

yet I'm pretty sure its the bolt-on hubcentrics that are banned from several race classes due to safety issues...
long studs are the best solution

Basic MSA regs ban extended studs:

5.8.2. Not be fitted with any wheel spacer exceeding 2.5cm in thickness or of less than hub diameter. Multiple or Laminated Spacers and extended studs are prohibited.

Xtreme Kermit - 21/1/14 at 01:49 PM

maybe I should back off to 20mm and fit longer studs in that case.

20mm should be enough to alter the appearance, soI guess I had better pull those hubs off and take 'em to a press!

loggyboy - 21/1/14 at 01:56 PM

Are you attached to your wheels? Replacements with lower offset would have the same effect.

Xtreme Kermit - 21/1/14 at 05:16 PM

mmm - now there's a thought... I always fancies a set of Team Dynamics 1.2s...

Cost is against me there though