Board logo

brake bleeder
dlatch - 2/9/10 at 05:07 PM

what is everyone using these days along the one man brake bleeders?
was never impressed with the ezi bleed ones what about the vacuum versions what they like, think they would work very well on my motorbike too

cheers
duncan

GreigM - 2/9/10 at 05:48 PM

I have a Motive Power Bleeded which I had posted from the states - does the job very well...

hobbsy - 2/9/10 at 06:14 PM

Bought a sealey vacuum bleeder - throughly unimpressed.

I always had problems getting a seal with the gunsons ezi bleeder until I decided to swap the large flat rubber washers for a suitable sized o-ring.

Now works a treat and no more brake fluid spewing everywhere.

RichardK - 2/9/10 at 06:31 PM

+1 ezi bleed

bassett - 2/9/10 at 07:14 PM

I've always found the eezibleed very good especially for the price, actually just used it at the weekend gone on my leon cupra r and it worked a treat.

Xtreme Kermit - 2/9/10 at 08:52 PM

bought a £5 pot and tube with a one way valve the other day.

It pretty much sucked.

The main problem being that when you loosened off the bleed nipple enough to get the fluid flowing, it sucked air back through the threads and into the system.

Not recomended

interestedparty - 3/9/10 at 05:20 AM

Ezibleed works well for me too. As pointed out, the main problem is getting a good seal on the reservoir, if you get that, it works well.

gottabedone - 3/9/10 at 05:38 AM

another for eezi bleed although 4 clean pots of fluid with hoses onto your nipples works just as well. Any suck back will suck fluid in instead of air when the end of your hose is under the level of the fluid.
Brake bleeding is a two man lob anyway so it's easy to keep your levels topped up

Steve

MikeR - 3/9/10 at 08:20 AM

I spent many a bored hour as a teenager with my dad every six months cleaning, adjusting and bleeding the mini brakes. With two men the only issue is remembering the sequence.

40inches - 3/9/10 at 10:46 AM

I use the engine oil suction type thingy, worked on my sons MR2 clutch cylinder when ezibleed failed.