Board logo

Centre stripe
davrus - 11/6/10 at 08:05 PM

Hi, after seeing the posts below it got me thinking of somthing i may need in the future, Im looking for a 4" stripe to go down my car, the questions are

1 what is it called that i need apart from a sticker

2 can i get it in different colours i.e orange

3 where can i get it from?

Many thanks

[Edited on 11-6-10 by davrus]

austin man - 11/6/10 at 08:07 PM

try ebay typing in cobra stripe

big_wasa - 11/6/10 at 08:09 PM

being nosey what are you building now ?

davrus - 11/6/10 at 08:18 PM

Thanks for the reply, i am building another locost, i bought an abandoned project that some one started and then gave up on, it is 4" wider and 4" longer than the book chassis, as you may gather from previous posts it has a cortina rear axle(atlas i beleive) 2L pinto.

I have had to take it back to bare chassis as the guy was a bit of an animal by looking at the state of things.

Full fibre glass body kit which is also giving me a problem as it is an inch narrower than the chassis but im sure i will get round that one some how.

I will definatly have to pop and see yours.

I work with one of your nabours who says you have the back end striped off again, are you having problem?

Will speak soon, cheers

Mark Allanson - 11/6/10 at 08:25 PM

I use these people on a regular basis.

doddy - 11/6/10 at 08:37 PM

i have used this guy very fast

he will do any size any colour
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINYL-STRIPE-150mm-WHITE-SOLD-METRE-/250459298671?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a50899b6f

davrus - 11/6/10 at 08:49 PM

Just what i had in mind , cheers guys

big_wasa - 11/6/10 at 09:03 PM

small world

Since you where last on the forum I sold the webers and have gone fuel injection.

I have had to strip the car to get the return fuel line plumbed in. Ive also swaped the tank. Loads of plumbing ect.

With the iva ive also had to weld in rear rails for tank protection.

I should be gluing the back end on this week end.

[Edited on 11/6/10 by big_wasa]

maximill666 - 11/6/10 at 11:18 PM

'Paul the 6th' on here is your man, good guy & excellent service