Board logo

megajolt, switching from tps to map
Craigorypeck - 30/4/12 at 12:33 AM

running boost and need to run a MAP setup now. I know I can get the stand alone map sensor with 3 pin connector on it from trigger-wheels.com.
Is it as simple as hooking the tps wires over??? I presume not?? what do I need to do?
Any help would be fantastic
Many Thanks!

r1_pete - 30/4/12 at 07:51 AM

When I converted mine I used the conversion pack from Autosport Labs, it would be worth checking if it is still available, I built my own MJ TPS with one of their kits, and subsequently converted, but they only sell completed MJs now.

I seem to remember conversion entailled removing a diode, fitting the MAP sensor, then re mapping.

AntonUK - 30/4/12 at 09:08 AM

Did this years ago (2004ish) on a v3 board. I just cut out the components in the tips area of the board with side cutters. Then soldered the map sensor into place. Connect up to Laptop, tell it it's now MAP sensor based and configure.

Not Anumber - 16/5/12 at 04:46 PM

What's the feeling about Megajolts. Lots has been said over the years about the long term reliability of electronics amidst the vibration and temperature variations in cars and the steps that mainstream manufacturers have taken to harden their devices by using components with wider operating tolerances, waterproofing, embedding in plastic resin etc.

What is the position with the Megajolt on long term reliability as it's made in smaller numbers than dedicated manufacture's ECUs and was available as self build until recently ? I'm thinking of buying one but am a bit worried about the prospect of the thing failing and then having to wait (and pay out for) a replacement.

Not Anumber - 29/5/12 at 02:23 PM

Any thoughts on Megajolt reliability ??
Lots of people seem to have the things and advocate fitting them but what is your experience of reliabiity - and what happens if/ when a Megajolt goes belly up ?

Bluemoon - 29/5/12 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
Any thoughts on Megajolt reliability ??
Lots of people seem to have the things and advocate fitting them but what is your experience of reliabiity - and what happens if/ when a Megajolt goes belly up ?

Try starting a new thread you will probably get more response.

Not Anumber - 29/5/12 at 02:50 PM

yeah, it can be a funny place at times this forum. It often seems that people become totally wrapped up posting 19 to the dozen about the most complex details veering off into the speculative and academic but then go completely silent when someone comes along asking a basic practical question they just need a straightforward answer to.

Barksavon - 29/5/12 at 04:44 PM

mate i fitted a megajolt with TPS to my 2.0 litre pinto with bike carbs and ive got to say it improved the driveability of my car no end. I mounted the ecu out of the engine bay just car side of the bulk head on passenger side and ive had no problems at all, from my experience to date i would recommend giving it a go.....regards

deltron63 - 29/5/12 at 07:17 PM

I've got maps on my v8 mgb and tps on my 7. Both work really well, fit and forget.