Board logo

what to do ?
deltron63 - 1/7/12 at 06:50 PM

I have spent hours trying to get the chrome windsreen mouldings back in my MGB without any luck. i searched the net, but that was no good either.
So being a Locoster, i thought out of the box and came up with a way of doing it without using the original mouldings.
Do i post a " how to do it " on the various forums or make the kits and flog the on ebay etc ?
What do you lot think?

tomgregory2000 - 1/7/12 at 07:02 PM

Kit and make some money

r1_pete - 1/7/12 at 07:04 PM

Thats a coincidence, I was doing exactly the same job on the Jag yesterday, almost an identical mouling section to the MG.

A little silicone grease and they went in in 5 minutes using a blunt screwdriver to ease the rubber over them.

deltron63 - 1/7/12 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Thats a coincidence, I was doing exactly the same job on the Jag yesterday, almost an identical mouling section to the MG.

A little silicone grease and they went in in 5 minutes using a blunt screwdriver to ease the rubber over them.

Over the years i've done a few but the MG are a real pain. even with the screwdriver method it still tears the rubber ( ask my brand new one sitting in the bin ) I phoned a mate who owns a sreen company and all i got was" good luck mate ". cheers Brian.

rusty nuts - 1/7/12 at 08:04 PM

You need a tool that opens the rubber and the pushes the trim into place using a roller. Do a search for windscreen trim tool, I'm sure something will come up . If not let me know I have one somewhere

deltron63 - 1/7/12 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
You need a tool that opens the rubber and the pushes the trim into place using a roller. Do a search for windscreen trim tool, I'm sure something will come up . If not let me know I have one somewhere

cheers, iv'e got one of them a diamond shaped tool. they are used to put the locking seal in not the chrome mouldings.
I spent hours looking for a tool but there isn't one