Board logo

good cheapish presents for swmbo
bi22le - 20/12/11 at 09:35 AM

Hi all.

looking for a little inspiration. i have got a main present for the wife and wanted a couple of other little things.

i have done in the past:
Make up
hair band kinda jewelry
oil paints
itunes vouchers

she likes art, music and girly things.

anyone proud of their little gifts and want to share?

Cheers.

Agriv8 - 20/12/11 at 09:45 AM

Git my wife a set of decent Pajama's from Fat face as the days of the saucy one are long gone

regards

Agriv8

jossey - 20/12/11 at 09:50 AM

theatre night out with hotel?

Macbeast - 20/12/11 at 11:22 AM

" theatre night out with hotel? "

This is a little gift ????

If £200 is a little gift, what does Mrs Jossey get for the main present ?
A small island ?

Surrey Dave - 20/12/11 at 11:48 AM

"good cheapish presents for swmbo"

If SWMBO reads this forum it won't matter you already be dead!!!

Or you will wish you were!

Irony - 20/12/11 at 12:18 PM

You should try that website Groupon

Groupy Linky

Put in your local area and they have deals going and money off etc. The deals change daily and you can have a look at the counties around. I got a really nice lunchtime meal for 2 (two courses) including 2 drinks for £15. Job Done.

Groupon is of course being investigated by trading standards - but they are being accused of misleading businesses and making the deals too cheap - good for Joe Public.

Jon Ison - 20/12/11 at 12:29 PM

Me and bro in law sent sent relevant wives on a spa pampering day, they loved it

bi22le - 20/12/11 at 01:39 PM

Great tips!

I am already doing the theatre hence cheap!

2 tickets to war horse with meal is going to be 200ish.

pajamas and spar i like!

Any others?

mads - 20/12/11 at 01:41 PM

define "cheapish" and people may be able to be more specific

Spa days aren't necessarily cheap depending upon what package you go for.

bob tatt - 20/12/11 at 01:56 PM

A pack of dish clothes

spiderman - 20/12/11 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob tatt
A pack of dish clothes

....and some rubber gloves to do the washing up on Christmas day and they will last for months more of washing up sessions.

Bob Tatt and I have the same ideas....... and that's probably why I am divorced.....and why I can also have 8 cars and 2&1/2 bikes.

chrisxr2 - 20/12/11 at 03:22 PM

La senza doing 2 pairs of pyjamas for 20 quid when they are normally 30 quid each.

swanny - 20/12/11 at 03:34 PM

maybe time off?

when asked i replied that all i wanted was a pass out to do le mans each year and maybe a trip or two away with mates,

having kids now the occasional real time off i get is the most valuable gift i could get as much i adore them

paul

big-vee-twin - 20/12/11 at 04:57 PM

Set of Halford screwdrivers, if your lucky you may get them free with some oil

StevieB - 20/12/11 at 07:23 PM

I've got the same dilemma too.

She wanted a Kindle, so that was easy.

But now I need to get a bunch of smaller bits and pieces and am struggling.

Temptation is to get a some kindle vouchers and I already got her a cover for it but it's nice to have a mix of things.

Hotel chocolat was a good call but now I'm struggling with the rest.

She'd appreciate pyjama's I'm sure, but I think our aspirations would be very different on this front

If I can't figure something out it'll be a fall back on perfume, jewellery and the usual stuff.

richardR1 - 20/12/11 at 07:52 PM

I was having the same problem but in reverse, plenty of ideas for the smaller less expensive presents but stuck for a 'main' pressie. Then out of the blue checked Michael Bublé website to see if any new tours were on the horizon as swmbo is a massive fan. Lo and behold tickets just been released for 2 dates at the Ahoy arena in Amsterdam in April. So now the credit card is a bit damaged but got 2 front centre tickets, North Sea Ferries crossing that we always enjoy and a night in an exec room in the 5* Manhattan Hotel. Should hopefully bag a few brownie points

jase380 - 20/12/11 at 08:32 PM

Nipple clamps are quite cheap these days.....

bertie_bas205 - 20/12/11 at 08:56 PM

I have bought mine tickets for the MotoGP in spain next year (of course she can't go on her own so i got one too)....

As for a smaller stocking filler type thig, I got her a haynes manual for Land Rover and a boiler suit.....

That'll teach her to run my Discovery without an alternator drive belt (also drives the water pump) and feckin up a perfectly good engine.

Bertie.

bi22le - 20/12/11 at 09:04 PM

You guys are chuffing jokers!

Right this second I am taking a moment out of work (yep I seem to be working all day and night at the mo!) and you lot have cheered me up because I am tired, p'eed off and warn out.

Cheap ~ £30 one or two prezzies of this value, depends what they are.

Ill have a look at la senza, I like that shop anyways!

We love Hotel choc too and I will get her some of that. I think I am getting there!

Thanks all.

Biz

afj - 20/12/11 at 09:27 PM

Got mine a 1/2 price casio g shock watch for work/gym duties £60 down to £30 at Argos Also got her some knee length boots 1/2 price from barrettes as they are in administration £60 down to £30