Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cats....
Lars

posted on 26/5/10 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Our boys are to soppy to catch live animals, we get pieces of grass and even leaves

But cannot believe people would suggest harming cats.

If the neighbourhood kids annoy me should I feed them poison too????

(And, no, the neighbourhood kids don't annoy me, and of course I would not do that)

MikeRJ

posted on 26/5/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lars
But cannot believe people would suggest harming cats.

Me either, especially the prolonged and agonising death that they would go through from kidney failure. Very much an unfunny thing to say.

StevieB

posted on 26/5/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
My cat once dropped a dead rabbit on my chest when I was sleeping, which turned out not to be dead but quite alive (albeit 3 legged).

As mentioned before, it's a sign of respect that they do it. If it's not your cat, chances are your patio is in the middle of it's territory and it feels safe (ie, away from other cats) there to bring it's prey back to in order to toy with it before ultimately killing it (my cat is a bit of the ferrel side of things and is actually quite evil - he'll toy with a rabbit for 20 minutes or so before killing and eating it).

tony-devon

posted on 26/5/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
glad it wasnt just me that wasnt impressed with the glycol comments

as someone that has had glycol poisoning, I can say its most unpleasant, cant imagine it being any different for a cat

my girl LOL is the queen of the local area, but shes twice the size of any of the local moggies and loves it

11kg and bigger than most small dogs LOL

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tony-devon

11kg and bigger than most small dogs LOL

awesome, big breed pedigree like a norwegian forest cat/maine coon/ragdoll or just a big moggie? When I worked at Whiskas there was a 10kg cat and he was huge!

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oldtimer

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, the cat is looking up to you as an alpha cat. Respect! Gary, our cat, usually brings them in whole and live in his mouth and hands them over. Mind you, he does like playing 'fetch' too.
flak monkey

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
The most simple way of keeping them out is just to spread orange or lemon peel around your boarders, they wont come in then. They hate the stuff.

Why is it everytime there is a cat related thread someone has to suggest harming them?

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

westf27

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
For some reason it's bringing you presents.
It must have some weird sort of respect for you.

They hate citrus smells.

Get some strong smelling citrus about the area where they are and they won't be inclined to come back.

Regarding the other comments above, well done...

Ours doesn't get out for the reasons mentioned there. I don't imagine our 8 year old daughter would be particularly happy if it were to be poisoned / trapped.

second that

Tipster69

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
There's your solution then. Get yourself a Lion, feed it nothing but Lemons, and let it sh*t all over your patio.

Simples.

[Edited on 26/5/10 by Tipster69]

McLannahan

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tipster69
There's your solution then. Get yourself a Lion, feed it nothing but Lemons, and let it sh*t all over your patio.

Simples.

[Edited on 26/5/10 by Tipster69]

scootz

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I like your logic!

It's Evolution Baby!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
The most simple way of keeping them out is just to spread orange or lemon peel around your boarders, they wont come in then. They hate the stuff.

Why is it everytime there is a cat related thread someone has to suggest harming them?

THIRD THAT

SCAGGY HUMANS ....

flak monkey

posted on 26/5/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Simples.

Brilliantly logical - love it!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

UncleFista

posted on 26/5/10 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

IMHO it's because they wander all over private property crapping as and when they want, a fairly large number of children are permanantly blinded every year due to the disease cat crap carries.
In my view, this risk alone should be enough for a country-wide cull

Owners have no legal responsibility to stop their precious flea-bags doing this, so people like me who don't like cats and don't own one, get the bad bits and none of the good and also run the gauntlet of having their kids catch diseases, or if your lucky you only have to deal with cat faeces smeared on them or their clothing.

Surely if an none-endangered animal is coming onto your property and the owner doesn't do anything about it they should be fair game ?

* All the above is typed in jest, well, the bits where I think you should be able to kill cats willy-nilly anyway

[Edited on 26/5/10 by UncleFista]

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

zilspeed

posted on 26/5/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
quote:

IMHO it's because they wander all over private property crapping as and when they want, a fairly large number of children are permanantly blinded every year due to the disease cat crap carries.
In my view, this risk alone should be enough for a country-wide cull

Owners have no legal responsibility to stop their precious flea-bags doing this, so people like me who don't like cats and don't own one, get the bad bits and none of the good and also run the gauntlet of having their kids catch diseases, or if your lucky you only have to deal with cat faeces smeared on them or their clothing.

Surely if an none-endangered animal is coming onto your property and the owner doesn't do anything about it they should be fair game ?

* All the above is typed in jest, well, the bits where I think you should be able to kill cats willy-nilly anyway

[Edited on 26/5/10 by UncleFista]

There's that side of the argument too and it's not lost on me at least.

Another reason why ours doesn't get out.
They don't need to kill birds or crap in the neighbours gardens to get by and ours doesn't.

55ant

posted on 26/5/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
the internet is full of answers for this issue. I like it when people suggest talking to the owner of the cat, i can imagine the conversation between the owner and the cat

'look, just dont do it, they are really mad this time, i know i know.'

'meow?'

[Edited on 26/5/10 by 55ant]

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

StevieB

posted on 26/5/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
You do tend to find that cats crap in descrete places and bury it as well.

In the same vein, I would like to cull dogs AND their owners who allow them to crap on pavements and do bugger all about it. It doesn't bother me so much out in the countryside (where cow and sheep crap is preminent anyway). But it's things like today when I saw a big pile of dog crap in the middle of the beautiful streets of york that at least poor sod had found with their feet and dragged down the street - should be hung from the bar walls for that sort of thing!

ashg

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
3rd simple solution of the week. get a dog flap. bet the cat dont come back

my jack russell sits in the garden waiting for cats and other creatures all day. its quite an event when one is brave enough to venture in.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Volvorsport

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm , next doors cats like scampering onmy dads 940 with new paintwork with their claws out

they wait for people to come home in the street , then jump on warm bonnets , sometimes wish theyd run under em .

i havent been close enough with the cold water yet , i almost got close out of our upstairs window with a mr potato head when one was laying a turd next to our lads bike .

still, it makes me laff , i dont want to hurt them just wish they wouldnt do what they do .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

turbodisplay

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I try to encourage my cats to deficate on my property rather than anyone elses garden. I have put an area of small stones by a tree which they do use, as well as our flower bed.
How many kids actually get blinded by cat feaces? bet it is a small fraction of what is caused by dog owners. As mentioned they burry them to prevent animals from tracking them.
When I walked an uncles dog I cleaned up after them - even though I very much disliked the undiciplined thing!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
FFTS

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Put down cat food laced with antifreze.. kill the little bugger good and proper!

If not successful at least it will never catch another cold for the rest of its life

Chris.

FFTS

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote

Haha... Joe (welderman) and Tom (tommy P) just had to show up hey!!

Chris.

FFTS

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Throw a few bits of orange peel down or a few cloves of garlick.

adrian

So its a vampire cat now hey!! try a wooden steak.

Chris.

Wheels244

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Try JAYS Fluid in a container with an upturned saucer on top to allow the fumes out.
It has to be JAYS though, no cheap alternative ( no I don't work for them ).

I would never hurt a cat, but I'm sick of our neighbours moggies using our garden as a bog!
They don't bury it deep - and it stinks

I bought a RC tank that fires plastic BB pellets - I've sat for ages trying shoot the buggers - come close a few times but not hit one yet - the BB's would scare more than hurt - but good fun all the same.

One of the killers pounced on blackbird in our garden - I let my dogs out and the hunter became the hunted - and the birdy flew away.

I actually quite like cats and used to have some - I just don't want them crapping in my garden.

craig1410

posted on 26/5/10 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista

Actually dogs and foxes are the primary carrier of the disease you are probably referring to and they don't have the good grace to bury their crap like cats do.

See here for details: http://www.cks.nhs.uk/patient_information_leaflet/toxocariasis

Most cat owners will give their cats worming tablets regularly and all the various immunisations to keep the cats healthy and remove any chance of them passing on any diseases.

As for being fleabags, again a regular application of frontline or some other flea treatment will solve that problem. I can't remember the last time I saw a single flea on any of our three cats which is good news because they spend much of their day sleeping on my bed...

We love cats and I have always had cats in the house both as a child and an adult. How could anyone harm something as cute as this?

Sleepy Cat
Sleepy Cat

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.