Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: more progress and rear exhaust design! following on
speedyxjs

posted on 24/1/11 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
I fail to see why people are getting woried about an exhaust being close to a fuel tank.

Have a look under most tintops and the exhaust is rather close to the fuel tank

Exhausts under tintops tend to have pretty good air flow over them so they may not nessecerally (sp?) get as hot as the op's. I think it should be ok though

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

RazMan

posted on 24/1/11 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Quite ingenious and innovative, but I'm not keen on the concept ..... sorry but something more conventional would look much better imo

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 24/1/11 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
i like it very much! good to see something different being done

as for fuel, liquid fuel isn't flammable, its the vapours, so the tank should be fine, don't think the exhaust will be hot enought to burn petrol anyway. think it needs a spark or flame to get going.

as for the height, if you're driving along the street, and a babys parents are silly enough to be that close to the road, who's fault is that? besides you're only 1 car.

i like it!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

daniel mason

posted on 24/1/11 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
thanks blake. i will make it as safe as humanly possible and protect everything with aluminium. also if i angle the tail pipe backwards then the arch might escape from getting sooted up from the gasses. quite a lot of motorbikes have silencers which are under the seat and mine will be way lower than that! cheers for the help everyone!

bassett

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I like it and think the whole idea is cool just hope you dont have trouble with the iva inspector as they seem to always find something wrong, more so when its different.

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

blakep82

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
seen photos of the fuel filler and carbon look plate, don't like that unfortunately, aluminium would look better i think, but then i really do hold a hatred for carbon fibre look stuff, if its not real carbon fibre

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

daniel mason

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
i know. i made a wrong purchase with a plastic filler cap and thought 'well ive paid for it so i maight as well fit it'
unfortunately it didnt look good and the hole was too big for the ally aero one. you live and learn i suppose, but its not too bad in the flesh and i am replacing it with real c/f soon! it was a spare off cut i had from the reaer bulkhead pannel.
'basset' i will be using the mnr silencer for iva with cat for emissions and db then re-installing this after iva. i need it on though as i will be having a mapping session done in the next 6 weeks or so!

scootz

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
It's different... so I like it!

Hope it works out in practice!

It's Evolution Baby!

MakeEverything

posted on 16/2/11 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
So How did it go??

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

daniel mason

posted on 17/2/11 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Am gonna get it made up
asap as I've got the ally heatshield made up and ready to fix this weekend

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.