Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Global GT Progress
eddie99

posted on 13/5/11 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Keith,

Yup sounds fine, im there all weekend so will grab a garage

Had a few issues today, couldnt get tacho working so i was being extremly careful, getting it into 6th as soon as possible down the straights. But then as soon as i started picking up the pace, a CV joint went. Im sure ive got some spares so plan on swapping it over tomorrow then taking it from there. Hope to be testing again Tuesday but got a bit of bum in seat time and it was good fun

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Marky911

posted on 8/7/11 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Eddie,

just a quick note to say I hope the seasons going well.

I've been watching your vids on youtube (I'm always lurking online for Global info, haha). Very good. Hairy startline bump at Snett!!

Anyway, glad it's going well. Was there much work involved in getting the Kwacker motor into the Global? Big re-jig of engine mounting points etc?

Not looking to do it soon but may have to go down a different motor route, depending on the reliability of the 5VY this year.

Anyway, bye for now.
Mark.

Marky911

posted on 7/8/11 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hi lads,
hope everyones getting some miles in, in their Globals and having a good year.

Mines been out doing its thing a few times this year and I hate to tempt fate but it's been great. I've done Teeside a few times, trackdays and testdays and just done Croft a couple of weeks ago.

The Michelins have transformed the car and I now realise how, quite frankly, lethal it was with the old Avons on!
Graham Hathaway has given me some new camber settings to try with the Michelins but, to be honest it's great as it is so I've left well alone.

It's nice just to be able to use and enjoy it, and not have to crawl around the garage floor between trackdays.

Anyway, despite all that I've put it up for sale! Not too bothered if it goes, as I know there's no way of getting round a circuit quicker for the cash but, I've got a winter of DIY and could do with freeing up my garage space and some cash in preperation.

I'll let you know if it sells. As usual I've bought a car that has been a bit neglected by former keepers, updated it and brought it back upto scratch, only to sell on for the same money to the next guy. Hey-ho.

Anyway, enjoy the summer everyone. I hope your cars are good to you.

eddie99

posted on 7/8/11 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
I just saw it up for sale, looks neat! but definitely some exaggeration in the post hehe....

Good luck with the sale!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Marky911

posted on 7/8/11 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Eeh! Exaggeration!? Me, never.

In all honesty, apart from the snapped shaft (my fault due to clashing the gear selector back together) at the begining of the year, all I've had to do is check the levels.

I'll see how things pan out though. Don't mind keeping it but would rather it went at the moment.
How's your season going then Eddie? I've watched a few of your vids on youtube and you've been socking it to some of 'em Radical lads! Good going.

eddie99

posted on 7/8/11 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hehe i was referring to the lap times snetterton in 1:09 :p

Engine went Bang so its a complete rework of the chassis before the new zx10 goes in, hope to be out before end of season. The car is very quick but need to work on the reliability.

Marky911

posted on 10/8/11 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Evening Eddie,
damn! that's a real bummer for you. Have the ZX10 motors not been proven in any sort of car setup yet then?
Nightmare that but, as you know, the only good thing about Globals when they break, is that they come back better and stronger, as you can usually find a better solution to the original problem.

Mine went yesterday, down to Derbyshire. Nice lad bought it. I explained the achilles heels (driveshafts,etc) and he seems chuffed with it. I hope it's good to him. I know it's ten times the car it was when I bought it.

Anyway, good luck with yours. I'll keep a look on here from time to time and keep an eye out for your vids on youtube.

Cheers, Mark.

PS. That Snetterton lap time of 1.09 is obviously the old circuit, as I bought the car Jan/Feb 2010, so the advert I quoted is old. I'm sure Keith could do that round Snett (old) in his? I know the Radical lads could do 1.06s round the old circuit.
I could believe if it was pie in the sky too though, as the joker I bought the car off (Chris Dawkins, Maxspeed Engineering) could talk the talk but not walk the walk.
Bye for now.

[Edited on 10/8/11 by Marky911]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.