Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Parking Ticket Help
DRC INDY 7

posted on 9/6/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
And he'd have nowhere to keep the phone in his shorts!

He went to school in them shorts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

thunderace

posted on 9/6/11 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Did they not return the ticket/evidence, you'll need it if you want to go to court?? I would ask for it back to, knowing that they've already binned it.

what he said

morcus

posted on 10/6/11 at 03:15 AM Reply With Quote
I know it's unfair to complain about someone who was doing there job by ticketing the car, but we all know that any parking attendant seeing an open car is going to have made a b-line for it, and from things I've been told by a former parking attendant, would probably have stolen the ticket personally had it just been stuck to the window.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 10/6/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
He went to a Pay and Display.

He did Paybut didn't Display.

He did half of what was required so they are only asking him to pay half of the fine.

This sounds like (for once) the council are being incredibly sensible and fair to me .

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ninehigh

posted on 10/6/11 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'd only pay on the basis that they remind you that you failed to display a valid ticket. It's usually in the conditions and if they had any sense they'd get you on that (which you can't argue against) rather than not having a ticket (which you sent them)

Hellfire

posted on 10/6/11 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors

He did half of what was required so they are only asking him to pay half of the fine.

This sounds like (for once) the council are being incredibly sensible and fair to me .

Agreed. BUT.... having looked at the type of car, they must have realised why it wasn't displayed. There is clear evidence that a parking ticket was indeed purchased and the council haven't lost out on any revenue. Our old man acted honestly, in good faith and this problem is merely a result of the councils policy not to invest in a ticket machine that produces tickets with an adhesive backing. The council must be well aware of the inherent problems that their choice of parking tickets present to motorists.

At least that's what I will argue..........

Phil

Ninehigh

posted on 10/6/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Fair point but I'd come across like meeting them halfway and ask where you can get the tamper proof holder

Krismc

posted on 11/6/11 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors

Agreed. BUT.... having looked at the type of car, they must have realised why it wasn't displayed. There is clear evidence that a parking ticket was indeed purchased and the council haven't lost out on any revenue. Our old man acted honestly, in good faith and this problem is merely a result of the councils policy not to invest in a ticket machine that produces tickets with an adhesive backing. The council must be well aware of the inherent problems that their choice of parking tickets present to motorists.

At least that's what I will argue..........

Phil

I work in (not for) our local council, and i asked the question a while back and got the girl on the next desk who works for the council too speak to the parking dept too ask the question as i cant park anywhere down the coast, and didnt want too take my chance with the vultures, i was told basically 'tough', so i left it at that, now on the 30th july there is a car show and ive sent a email too the organiser telling them the situation that people will recieve fines and would love too bring some cars along but cant, so he emailed asking for a waver for the day of the 30th, they also replied with im sorry but all cars must comply with the guidlines setout in bla bla bla, so basically NO!!

I think this is discrimination as my pay and display tickets cleary state affix to rear of windscreen - which i dont have!! But my car is road legal 2011 , so they should adapt to my vehicle

quote from coucil in email:
Pay and display bays are parking spaces with ticket machines for a rank of bays.

Full guidance regarding payment, the hours of operation and maximum stay periods are stated on the front of the machine and/or on adjacent road signs. The time your vehicle can stay until is printed on the ticket.

Displaying the parking ticket

The parking ticket should be displayed in the windscreen where it is easlily visible from the pavement. The expiry date and time must always be visible, so always take a second to check this when leaving your vehicle. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.

[Edited on 11/6/11 by Krismc]

[Edited on 11/6/11 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

MkIndy7

posted on 11/6/11 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Would be nice to use the old Ideaology "innocent until proven guilty"
They can't prove you didn't buy a ticket.. In which case your innoscent which is further backed up by you providing the valid ticket.

That above from the council sounds like just a generic reply especially if it shoots them in the foot for the car show.

Maybe sending pictures of the car may get a more understanding response, as some people really can't comprehend a car can have no roof let alone no windscreen!.
Then it's probably time to fire emails off to anybody that'll listen, Local Newspaper, MP, The AA, Department of transport etc
As times are hard and the councils are out to make as much money from this as they can the issue needs resolving as it's going to happen more and more to us.

Krismc

posted on 11/6/11 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkIndy7
Would be nice to use the old Ideaology "innocent until proven guilty"
They can't prove you didn't buy a ticket.. In which case your innoscent which is further backed up by you providing the valid ticket.

That above from the council sounds like just a generic reply especially if it shoots them in the foot for the car show.

Maybe sending pictures of the car may get a more understanding response, as some people really can't comprehend a car can have no roof let alone no windscreen!.
Then it's probably time to fire emails off to anybody that'll listen, Local Newspaper, MP, The AA, Department of transport etc
As times are hard and the councils are out to make as much money from this as they can the issue needs resolving as it's going to happen more and more to us.

That got me mad this morning when i wrote the first bit, ive wrote to out local papers for editors letter section.

This is being talked about on several car forums at the moment and would be nice too get a full list of council responces!

Its crazy that i cant do a coastal run in my own borough, well i can, but i cant stop!!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

ashg

posted on 11/6/11 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brook_lands
As this is a council ticket you must take it seriously and anyone who advises you to simply not pay is giving you very bad advice. The £25 is the discount rate for quick payment offered to everyone, it then goes up. It may only be £25 now but councils can and do pursue and the cost of this, court cost, baliffs etc is added on, before you know it it will be £500+ and they will be taking your car away.

However, if done properly they can be fought and won. Get yourself onto http://forums.pepipoo.com/ and get some good advice if you really want to fight it.

PS - Speculative invoices from private companies dressed up to look like parking fines can and should be ignored.

all the time it is in dispute they cant increase the fee for non payment. and as for it being the council, i used to work for the council many many moons moons ago and the people that worked in the parking enforcement office were far from the sharpest knife in the draw.

from my experience just keep writing them letters saying that you are not paying because you purchased a ticket, eventually they will run out of automated responses and have to give up as they lack the facility to write a letter on the councils behalf without 10 other people having to check it.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Hellfire

posted on 3/1/12 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just to finish this thread off, I put in two appeals to the Council which were rejected, and then followed up with an appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal in September (as protocol). We got notification on the 18th December that our appeal had been allowed, basically because the Council had failed to include a copy of page 6 of the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) to the Tribunal.

The page they apparently failed to copy to the TPT was included in my copy of the Councils submission, so I can't understand why it wasn't included to the TPT. Nevertheless, the Adjudicator's decision is final and binding.

This feels somewhat of a hollow victory, as they didn't even consider the points raised in my appeal letter. Still, it's a victory and ultimately means our old man doesn't have to pay the £50 fine.........

Phil

scudderfish

posted on 3/1/12 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Woohoo!
owelly

posted on 3/1/12 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
You should arrange to meet said council officials in aforementioned car park, and ask them where you should display a ticket. Let them source a tamper-proof ticket holder within the car park. Also pen a letter to your local council reps and see what they say. Finally, give it both barrels through the media.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
karlak

posted on 3/1/12 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting point.

I have just emailed my local council to ask their policy on this.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

loggyboy

posted on 3/1/12 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
You should arrange to meet said council officials in aforementioned car park, and ask them where you should display a ticket. Let them source a tamper-proof ticket holder within the car park. Also pen a letter to your local council reps and see what they say. Finally, give it both barrels through the media.

Id ask where you can get a tamper proof ticket holder fullstop!?

BenB

posted on 3/1/12 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'd stick like clarification on what a tamper-proof holder is. Something that's easy to open to put a new ticket in but impossible to open to nick the old one? Doesn't exist.
karlak

posted on 3/1/12 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
Interesting point.

I have just emailed my local council to ask their policy on this.

and their reply..

I am not sure if this is the same for most pay and displays --

Dear xxx

Thank you for your email. On Street parking and some Car parks can be paid using your mobile phone via RingGo. The number you are required to ring will be displayed on the side of the Pay and Display machines. Further details about how to set up an account can be found online.

EDIT:: So will the wardens know that I have rang and paid ?? Hmmm, not sure myself

[Edited on 3/1/12 by karlak]

[Edited on 3/1/12 by karlak]

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

jossey

posted on 3/1/12 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
is it a private carpark ?

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 3/1/12 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Thank you for your email. On Street parking and some Car parks can be paid using your mobile phone via RingGo. The number you are required to ring will be displayed on the side of the Pay and Display machines. Further details about how to set up an account can be found online.

In London a lot are like this and it is the only way you can pay. I've used them a couple of times and not had a ticket.

loggyboy

posted on 3/1/12 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
EDIT:: So will the wardens know that I have rang and paid ?? Hmmm, not sure myself

They all have litle wireless PDAs now, they would type your reg and and the system would tell them.

Fred W B

posted on 4/1/12 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Something that's easy to open to put a new ticket in but impossible to open to nick the old one? Doesn't exist.

Can you not just carry a roll of clear packing tape and stick the ticket to the car with that?

Cheers

Fred W b

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

Hellfire

posted on 4/1/12 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Fred, that's exactly what I've told Dad to do in future. And also to take a clear photo of the ticket with his phone and another photo with the ticket attached to the car. In the event that someone does steal it, at least he can prove he did pay & display.

Phil

Krismc

posted on 4/1/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Fred, that's exactly what I've told Dad to do in future. And also to take a clear photo of the ticket with his phone and another photo with the ticket attached to the car. In the event that someone does steal it, at least he can prove he did pay & display.

Phil

I have spoke again on several occasions to the parking control office for North Tyneside Council, and sent a few emails and they keep saying that i will get a ticket in both there type of car parks ...

A) Pay and Display (attach too Windscreen type)

Ticket must be attached to the inside of a windscreen, if you dont have a windscreen and attach it in a tamperproof holder (which you can get from halfords but they are rubbish) you will still get a fine.

b) Pay and Display (leave on dash board type)

As above, if you have a flat dash board like mine and stick it too that you will be fined, if you stick it too the top of the scuttle that is the exterior of the car and you will be fined.

There final comment on this was, you must comply to all pay and display terms and conditions the tickets you are enquiring about must be displayed on the dash and be visable from the kerbside.

...So i think they not allowed on the road now

Basically they are a bunch of absolute idiots out to rob innocent people willing to pay for parking.

Hellfire

posted on 4/1/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
But if you can prove you made all reasonable efforts to comply with their terms & conditions, the courts in England would find in your favour.....

Phil

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.