Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Inlet plenum opinions please.
BaileyPerformance

posted on 19/8/11 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
where does the throttle body go? was wandering as didnt know if that effected how efficent the setup was as no1 would see the air first and 4 last if it was on the end

I would use a set of 45mm DCOE style jenvey's on Jenvey/DCOE inlet manifold (same as if the engine was N/A) then make an inlet plenum to feed the throttle bodies, some care as to be taken when designing the plenum to insure near equal flow to each of the 4 throttles (this is only a problem when full throttle), jenvey do make a turbo plenum for this purpose but it is expensive.

In my opinion the log type manifolds often used on zetec's in locost cars are rubbish, the build quality is poor and no thought appears to have been given to air flow, but i do recognize space restrictions hamper a proper design.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.