Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Problem taxing car online
omega 24 v6

posted on 4/2/13 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
The part you quote loggyboy is at the initial outset of the book. There are many added changes and updates etc from that point on. I would refer you in particular to Point 2 on this page which is specific in its relation to amatuer built kitcars requiring sva ( iva may now differ)
http://www.motuk.co.uk/images/SpecialNotice01-03.pdf

ITEM 2
Emissions Testing Kit Cars and Amateur Built Vehicles first used on or after 1st August 1998
(Classes III IV & VII)
These vehicles are required to obtain Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) and will receive an emissions
test at SVA. All petrol and gas propelled kit cars or amateur built vehicles first used on or after 1st
August 1998 (S Registration Onward) are subject to the BET test, followed if necessary by a ‘cat
test’ to default values. The only exemption to this is where evidence is supplied by the presenter to
confirm a lesser test is required i.e. age of engine or the emission standard applied at SVA.
Compression Ignition powered kit cars and amateur built vehicles will also be meter checked.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

loggyboy

posted on 4/2/13 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
The part you quote loggyboy is at the initial outset of the book. There are many added changes and updates etc from that point on. I would refer you in particular to Point 2 on this page which is specific in its relation to amatuer built kitcars requiring sva ( iva may now differ)
http://www.motuk.co.uk/images/SpecialNotice01-03.pdf

Whilst it is at the beggining, its the official and current mot manual (2012), it would therefore overide anything older than that.

However, as with any legislation, its down to the interpretation of the manual by the tester

[Edited on 4-2-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

parkiboy

posted on 4/2/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
That statement only seems to cover SVA/IVA and not an MOT?
omega 24 v6

posted on 4/2/13 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
LOL Loggyboy. I would certainly agree with that ( interpretation of the manual) so what can we glean from this discussion.

The dvla can't agree with each other or with vosa

Vosa likewise don't agree with the dvla

almost all things government based are ambiguous and uninterpretable

most of us have differing opinions on the interpretation of the rules BUT we all agree with each other that there should be more consistency and clarity.

And finally its not likely that it will ever be sorted out ( not in my lifetime at least )

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

loggyboy

posted on 4/2/13 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
LOL Loggyboy. I would certainly agree with that ( interpretation of the manual) so what can we glean from this discussion.

The dvla can't agree with each other or with vosa

Vosa likewise don't agree with the dvla

almost all things government based are ambiguous and uninterpretable

most of us have differing opinions on the interpretation of the rules BUT we all agree with each other that there should be more consistency and clarity.

And finally its not likely that it will ever be sorted out ( not in my lifetime at least )

Indeed, I recal discussing similar here : http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=172460 regarding numberplates...

Mistral Motorsport

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.