Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how reliable are mot's?
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 12/11/15 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
MOT's are only as good as the person doing the test.

I was also told once that as well as the person doing the test, the MOT is only really valid on the day it's done. How many times have people swapped items over before or after an MOT (or IVA for that matter)?? Down to who does the test and how the car "appears" on the day it's tested.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Slimy38

posted on 12/11/15 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
quote:

I was also told once that as well as the person doing the test, the MOT is only really valid on the day it's done. How many times have people swapped items over before or after an MOT (or IVA for that matter)?? Down to who does the test and how the car "appears" on the day it's tested.

Valid for the whole day? I thought it was valid only until it's driven off the ramps!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 12/11/15 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
quote:

Valid for the whole day? I thought it was valid only until it's driven off the ramps!

I was trying to be generous!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

SJ

posted on 12/11/15 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Our old Toyota had an advisory on a suspension joint for two years around 2011/2012 but it got better and has passed without a mention since.

Testers often tried to fail the rear bushes on my various Alfasuds even though the new ones were often softer and mt Citroen GSA once failed because the hydraulic pressure regulator worked and in doing so ticked occasionally.

In short as reliable as the mechanic / muppett [delete as appropriate] that is testing it.

Stu

joneh

posted on 12/11/15 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

My friend was telling me about the MOT's he used to do for a Taxi firm. The taxi firm had the bare cheek to swap wheels etc over with the recently passed car on the garage forecourt, then swap them on to the next car as they went through...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.