Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OMG - More Riots
Ninehigh

posted on 9/8/11 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beagley
Edit: Maybe your government can make a statement "LOCOSTS FOR EVERYBODY THAT WASN'T RIOTING!!" You all seem to be a pretty happy lot, must be the Locost thing.

[Edited on 8/9/2011 by beagley]

I guess it's an "able to think" thing

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Got caught up in the London riots last night.
Had to find a safe place to hide.
So am in the job centre if anybody needs me.

David Jenkins

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
And on the good side...

Cleanup volunteers

Ninehigh

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Got caught up in the London riots last night.
Had to find a safe place to hide.
So am in the job centre if anybody needs me.

Classic

I've just found a clip of a Swedish copper dancing in the street and this has given me an idea... Instead of riot police and rubber bullets, why not get some BIG-ASS speakers and bring Fatboy Slim down? Who's gonna riot and rock out at the same time?

scootz

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Oh great! The bullet lodged in the policemans radio was definitely a police-issue one! It'll be interesting to hear how it got there!

I guess the best (worst-case) scenario is that the cops reacted to Duggan going for his weapon and the 'radio-shot' was a police miss, or ricochet. If it turns out it was a negligent-discharge from one of the cops that kicked-off the chain of events leading to the fatal shooting, then I guess things will REALLY kick-off!

[Edited on 9/8/11 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

jollygreengiant

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Don't forget their human rights! Yeah right!

What's next?

I posted previously on this subject, but the post seems to have 'disapeared', so I will re-itterate.

'The Law' and 'Human Rights' are there and have been put in place to protect the innocent and the 'Law Abiding'. IF (for want of a better word) people choose NOT to obey and abide by 'The Law' that is there to protect them, then WHY should they then be protected by it. I would call it double standards and to hell with them.

The police and authorities need to utilise one of our older laws (if it still is in existence) and litterally 'Read The Riot Act' out over a PA system and then just wade in and let the 'rioters' acceppt the results.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 9/8/11 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Oh great! The bullet lodged in the policemans radio was definitely a police-issue one! It'll be interesting to hear how it got there!

I guess the best (worst-case) scenario is that the cops reacted to Duggan going for his weapon and the 'radio-shot' was a police miss, or ricochet. If it turns out it was an ND from one of the cops that kicked off the chain of events leading to the fatal shooting, then I guess things will REALLY kick-off!

Yep I agree with you there, a great bit of 'PR' from a police comander, release a small amount of potentially damaging information, before ALL the facts are known and a full and definte conclusion has been reached. The main and only really pertinent fact of the case was the Duggan was carrying. End of.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jeffw

posted on 9/8/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I guess the best (worst-case) scenario is that the cops reacted to Duggan going for his weapon and the 'radio-shot' was a police miss, or ricochet. If it turns out it was an ND from one of the cops that kicked off the chain of events leading to the fatal shooting, then I guess things will REALLY kick-off!

Two rounds fired from a MP5, one into his chest and one into his upper arm. I presume the jacketed round found in the radio is a ricochet from the upper arm round. Round to chest was the fatal shot. I was always taught to double tap to the chest so there you go. Duggan had a working automatic pistol and he got shot for his troubles.

[Edited on 9/8/11 by jeffw]

aka_shortie

posted on 9/8/11 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Makes me laugh his family saying someone needs to be held accountable.

Yes, your son does. He was carrying a loaded firearm. If someone goes to draw it on you, of course you are going to fire first.

Double tap is standard practice!

scootz

posted on 9/8/11 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aka_shortie
Double tap is standard practice!

Not unless things have changed in the last 5 years...

The police stopped teaching it as a technique a while back as it 'infringed' human rights! That's not to say that it doesn't happen in practice ... all depends on the circumstances.

It's Evolution Baby!

A1

posted on 9/8/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
they should replace the rubber rounds for lead... thatll stop the rioting. besides, whos going to miss them?

you see the pics, people who act like that are not needed in society.

theres not even a bloody reason for it!!

[Edited on 9/8/11 by A1]

scootz

posted on 9/8/11 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
I just don't get it... why are the IPCC issuing press statements in relation to the technical-details of a 'live' enquiry? Is that one of their functions!?

IMHO, I think it was absolute madness for them to have come out and said what they have about the 'radio-bullet'. They have surely just poured petrol on the flames! Do they honestly think that the neanderthals who are rioting have the brain-capacity to understand that the question of whether Duggan got a round off or not could be completely irrelevant in relation to his death!?

And the media are doing what the media do... milking it for all it's worth and subliminally raising the tension to get more 'stories'!

It's Evolution Baby!

Fozzie

posted on 9/8/11 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I just don't get it... why are the IPCC issuing press statements in relation to the technical-details of a 'live' enquiry? Is that one of their functions!?

IMHO, I think it was absolute madness for them to have come out and said what they have about the 'radio-bullet'. They have surely just poured petrol on the flames! Do they honestly think that the neanderthals who are rioting have the brain-capacity to understand that the question of whether Duggan got a round off or not could be completely irrelevant in relation to his death!?

And the media are doing what the media do... milking it for all it's worth and subliminally raising the tension to get more 'stories'!

+1 ......

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Ninehigh

posted on 9/8/11 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair they could have shown a video of the guy murdering 20 coppers before he bit it and the mouth breather would still probably blame the immigrants.

Yeah makes no sense to me either but that's these wastes of space for you

RK

posted on 10/8/11 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly kind of all predictable when viewed from afar.
russbost

posted on 10/8/11 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

+2

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
VanHaydn

posted on 10/8/11 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Ink The Phukers

spray permanent Ink on the tossers..bring em in one by one make em accountable!
whitestu

posted on 10/8/11 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

spray permanent Ink on the tossers..bring em in one by one make em accountable!

The problem is what to do to them to make them accountable - It is too costly to put them in prison, and they would be out in no time anyway. None of the mainstream parties would stop benefts / conscript them / deport them / flog them etc.

It seems to me that lack of any real pressure to work is the main problem.

scootz

posted on 10/8/11 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
It would appear that I've just sent a email to IIU@ipcc.gsi.gov.uk (IPCC's internal investigation unit).

Bet they're shaking in their boots now!

[Edited on 10/8/11 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

r1_pete

posted on 10/8/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

It seems to me that lack of any real pressure to work is the main problem.

The country is over crowded.

The working population can no longer afford to keep the non working population.

Successive governments allow jobs to be offshored, and labour to be imported.

There just aren't the jobs, or the infrastructure to support more people, so why are our borders still open?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 10/8/11 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

The country is over crowded.

The working population can no longer afford to keep the non working population.

Successive governments allow jobs to be offshored, and labour to be imported.

There just aren't the jobs, or the infrastructure to support more people, so why are our borders still open?

I totally agree, but I don't believe a young bloke living in London and willing to do any kind of work can't get a job. Thus unemployment / lack of opportunity just isn't an excuse for the thugs here.

Stu

[Edited on 10/8/11 by whitestu]

Kwik

posted on 10/8/11 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
maybe we should find a big empty island on the other side of the world and ship them all there instead....

what we should do is build a massive floating island filled with exersize bikes hooked up to generators. glue there feet to the pedals and we get free energy and they cant cause any trouble...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jabbahutt

posted on 10/8/11 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
I've never understood the argument of lack of prison space. No one wants a prison on the door step and they're far too expensive to build so instead jump start the ship building industry and manufacturing to outfit prison ships. Moor them out about 5 miles so it's too far to swim and staff them with ex forces etc (Ghurkas would be ideal) operating on an off shore rota type system.

Each cell is a concerted ISO container with minimum home comforts and fit a wind turbine on each one to form mobile windfarms. That way you could move them 10-20 miles on a regular basis so as not to upset the people living near that stretch of coast and ruining the view.

Seems to solve several problems in one go.

or alternatively pat each one on the head and give them everything they want in the slim hope that they decide to behave

Ships get my vote

karlak

posted on 10/8/11 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, so they can now have "the use of a water cannon with 24 hrs notice."

"Err excuse me rioters, would you mind popping back the same time tomorrow night so we can hose you down!! "

I can only think other coutries must be pi$$ing their pants at our crowd control (or lack of)

Great publicity for the Olympics that will be on in 12 months time...

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/8/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
At least we will get a gold in the plasma carrying hurdles

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.