Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto Engine Temperature
skibum

posted on 7/4/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Pinto Engine Temperature

Hi All

Bit of advice needed on the following please

1) What temp should a modified pinto run at.
2) What temp should the fan kick in at.
3) And finally what temp should the fan shut off at.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Matt

omega0684

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
what spec is you pinto?

1) 85-95

2) 95

3)80-85

HTH's

Alex

PS: i miss read the post the first time so my answer has been edited

[Edited on 7/4/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skibum

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info

Mine is kicking in around the 90 mark at the moment which seems to be too early as the engine runs around this temp normally.

With the fan on it doesn't seem to bring the temp down below 90, any ideas on what could cause this or do i need a bigger fan?

Tks

Matt

skibum

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Missed the top bit

My pinto is a stage 3 tune running bike carbs

Matt

omega0684

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
make sure you have you fan on the right side of the rad, does your fan push air through or suck air through the rad?

if its stable at 90 then thats fine i would get the fan to kick in about 95

pinto's a renowned for running hot don't worry, solution is get a massive rad and massive fan, my fan is 12" the niggest i could fit.

[Edited on 7/4/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skibum

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a very good question about the fan, i have the standard dax supplied one with the ali rad which i thought pushed air thorugh but maybe not?????

The engine temp is stable at 90 so maybe i'm worried about nothing and just need to up the temp the fan kicks in

Matt

omega0684

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
with my pinto i find that when im bombing around country lanes the temp isn't too bad ,ive had it as low as 85 but normally between 85-95 but when im on the motorway it can be as high as 105-110
jabbahutt

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
my pinto normally seems to sit at around 90 when the car is moving and the fan kicks in at around 95 after a couple of minutes of idling in traffic.

skibum

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Tks for the help chaps

I think I just need to up the temp the fan kicks it at and i'm sorted.

Slightly off subject but omega did you have a rolling road session to tune the bike carbs after you fitted them??

Cheers

Matt

omega0684

posted on 7/4/09 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
i had bogg bro's set the carbs up for me with oversized jets and then i just balanced them and set the fuel pressure and it went like the nuts! i didn't see the point in Rolling roading it as i only had them on for one summer before i went to the Megasquirt and Throttle body set up. i have heard some very fruitful returns from the bike carbs when they are set up correctly though, if you have the money spare and you are sticking with the set up then its worth the investment

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.