7 QUID POSTAGE FOR TWO WHEEL CAPS COSTING A FIVER FOR THE TWO

MIDLANDS WHEELS ARE TAKING THE ppppppp

mookaloid

posted on 26/1/10 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
excessive -yes

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

tegwin

posted on 26/1/10 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Excessive... and if you complain they will tell you its not just the postage cost.... its the cost of packaging, admin etc...

All the companies do it.... and it annoys me a lot!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

austin man

posted on 26/1/10 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
got to think midland wheels is a business, there to make money not lose it. and as stated previously there is the cost of wrapping it, jumping into a car etc and getting it to the local post office. All adds up. And yes £7.00 would leave me a little grumpy

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

blakep82

posted on 26/1/10 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
i bought some paint on ebay, £7 post, when it got here the post lable said something like £4.49 or something

a bit annoying perhaps, but someone has taken the time to seal the can, wrap it up, box it, tape it, take it to the post office, then theres the cost of the box, brown paper, parcel tape, getting it to the post office. £2.50 for all that seems fine to me!

all in, it came to about £27 for a litre of paint.

compare that to £30 (last time i bought some) from halfords, and it was ME that had to get it from them! and halfords couldn't mix the colour i wanted because it was never sprayed to a production car (to be fair, who'd ever spray a car RAL 2005 and expect anyone to buy it? )

and can you buy these wheel caps from tesco? or anywhere else in your town? i doubt it. are they particularly rare or uncommon? possibly, i'm not entirely sure what you mean by wheel caps. wheel centres? valve dust caps?

if you want them and can't get them locally, buy them and pay the post.
if you can buy them locally, then buy them

thats how i see it anyway

and as said, its a business they run, not a charity

[Edited on 26/1/10 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

locoboy

posted on 27/1/10 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Excessive... and if you complain they will tell you its not just the postage cost.... its the cost of packaging, admin etc...

All the companies do it.... and it annoys me a lot!

Why does a comnpany covering it's costs annoy you?

When you go for a beer do you complain because the pub charges you 30p a pint more than it cost them to buy it in? Or do you appreciate that they have a nice warm lounge room with firnedly staff and a selection of beers in stock for you to choose from? - all of which cost money to put on the shelf, The staff which is your beer delivery service have to be paid, they provide you a service which the landlord has to cover.

If the beer is too expensive in one pub i bet you go elsewhere...............

No one forces you to buy from company X, Y or Z, if its too expensive simply move on.

ATB
Locoboy

Danozeman

posted on 27/1/10 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Youl probably find also that you could buy a wheel an the postage would be the same. Alot of places have a fixed price for everything.

It is very annoying though. I wanted a thread adaptor for my oil gauge, i found it for 4 quid with 5 quid postage!! which would have been a first class stamps worth in a jiffy.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

deezee

posted on 27/1/10 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Are you sure its postage and not a courier? I doubt they have the time or enthusiasm to use Royal Mail, so it probably all goes through TNT / DHL / City link.

BenB

posted on 27/1/10 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i bought some paint on ebay, £7 post, when it got here the post lable said something like £4.49 or something

[Edited on 26/1/10 by blakep82]

Last thing I bought on Ebay was some wallpaper stripping solution (5 bottles of it). Paid £1 for the solution, £2 postage, got the parcel, the person selling it had spent £7 on postage. Doh! Bloody useless stuff mind....

Daddylonglegs

posted on 27/1/10 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd buy them somewhere else!

Anyhow, you think that's excessive, I got an online quote with one of these companies that puts the job out to tender, you supply size, weight and postcodes and then wait for the emails offering to do the job. First one I got was for a nosecone from Wiltshire to NI and it was for.......

..........wait for it....

..........£150

[Edited on 27/1/10 by Daddylonglegs]

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

twybrow

posted on 27/1/10 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I needed some Midland Wheels caps as I misplaced mine - I rang them up, and they posted them out to me FOC...!

Plus a little tip - their seat runners are aluminium, and very low profile - perfect for our cars. Plus they are cheap compared to the usual suspects...

....but I agree, £7 for what must weigh no more than 100g is a bit steep!

locobri

posted on 27/1/10 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Think you also need to realise that Ebay charge 10% of the final selling price back to the seller... which is quite a chunk, so some may put a little extra on the P+P to make up for it

Brook_lands

posted on 27/1/10 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
And don't forget Gordon's bit. Postal service provided by Royal Mail is VAT exempt but a VAT registered company has to pay VAT on what they charge you. So if they charge you £7 then that's £1.05 TAX and £5.95 towards their costs.

[Edited on 27/1/10 by Brook_lands]

RK

posted on 27/1/10 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
My philosophy is just to buy more stuff to make it worthwhile!!
RK

posted on 27/1/10 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
My philosophy is just to buy more stuff to make it worthwhile!!
Ninehigh

posted on 28/1/10 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a usb charger that plugs into the lighter socket a couple of years back.

Postage £4.99
Item £0.01

Yes a f**king penny!
So if your complaint is that the postage cost more than the item... how about nearly 500%?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.