Poll: Should I leave negative feedback? [View Results]
leave negative feedback
leave neutral feedback
leave positive feedback

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Should I leave negative feedback?
v8kid

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Should I leave negative feedback?

I bought a job lot of wheels on ebay that were all different sizes and fittings but amongst them I spotted enough bits to assemble 6 split rim wheels.

On winning the bid the seller emailed me to say he had sold the pans (rims) seperately and would reduce the price.

I phoned him and it transpired that he has also sold the wheel centers and only had 3 complete split rim wheels plus some one off alloys left.

We agreed a price although I am not happy as as far as I am concerned all 6 wheels are my property and he had entered into a binding contract with me.

I picked the wheels up leaving the alloys as I was not interested in them.

On getting the wheels home one was bu66ered as the idiot had overtorqued the rims buckling the outer rim.

The guy runs two unrelated internet selling businesses on ebay.

What should I say in the limited feedback ebay has?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davey D

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
personally if he had sold any of the listing without telling me before the auction ended i would have told him to shove the lot up his arse, and not paid him a penny!!

Definately Neg feedback about not having the goods that are advertised

dan8400

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
as above. dont pay and leave neg feedback. You are in a binding contract. It says it on every page on eBay.

Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

RazMan

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
As a seller he has a responsibility to ensure that everything is as described correctly and any damage must be declared. He also accepted your bid and therefore has agreed to a contract - negative feedback is definitely appropriate.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
karlak

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
I think you have changed the contract by negotiating a new deal for the remaining bits . I would have told him to "stick it" at the point you discovered he sold the other bits and given him negative at that point.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

BenB

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I would have demanded an instant refund when it transpired he'd sold the rims.

Tricky bit is, you both agreed a reduced price.... So you knew the rims were gone when you paid.....

I'd still probably leave NF on the basis that he'd sole some of the bits you'ld bought!!

cliftyhanger

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
I think the moral here is that do not agree to a change in the contract at any point. You can leave neg feedback, but more important is a lesson learnt.
And you should have taken the alloys, they fetch a few bob in scrap (a fiver each)

oldtimer

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
Tricky - he did wrong but you agreed to the new deal and went through with it. Did you pay first or on collection? If you paid on collection after seeing then really you have the new deal you both agreed to. You should have stopped as soon as the goalposts moved if you weren't 100% happy.
se7en

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Personally I would have demanded an instant refund when it transpired he'd sold the rims.

Tricky bit is, you both agreed a reduced price.... So you knew the rims were gone when you paid.....

I'd still probably leave NF on the basis that he'd sole some of the bits you'ld bought!!

I think that I would report him to eBay as he broke the original contract even though you have negotiated a new contract for the remaining items.
As I understand you have then discovered that the goods that you bought were damaged. This too should be reported to eBay.

Would I leave NF? yes, I have done so for lesser problems. At the time I knew that I was opening myself up to get NF by return but still I did so.

The way I look upon it is giving the seller NF means that there is a negative flag set on his account as well as mine. If, in the future, someone wants to check my feedback they can read my honest opinion of my transactions and the sellers and make up their own mind. The point of the matter is to be honest, your lies will find you out.

[Edited on 7/6/10 by se7en]

NigeEss

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Neutral or none at all.

As mentioned, you agreed to the change, should have pulled out altogether then left negative.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Humbug

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry mate, I agree with ^. You should have rejected them when you discovered that they were not as originally advertised. Since you agreed a reduced price, you have in some senses accepted the alteration
eznfrank

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
I'm beginning to really despise the Bay. I just bought 20 metres of U trim - got it for next to nowt so thought I had a bargain until it turns up this morning and there's less than 10 metres!!! It's been epackaged since the photo so I'm guessing he's cut it in half to sell the other bit again.

Bloody shysters!!!

UncleFista

posted on 7/6/10 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
He sold "your" wheels, of course he deserves a neg....

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

steve m

posted on 7/6/10 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Not all ebayers, are crooks, a couple of weeks ago, i bought a Mini Titan heli, plus spares for about 10% of its marketable value, i picked it up from the seller, with loads of spares etc, yet on friday more spares arrived in the post, as he had just found them, so sent them to me

He could of sold them on ebay

iank

posted on 7/6/10 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
I'm beginning to really despise the Bay. I just bought 20 metres of U trim - got it for next to nowt so thought I had a bargain until it turns up this morning and there's less than 10 metres!!! It's been epackaged since the photo so I'm guessing he's cut it in half to sell the other bit again.

Bloody shysters!!!

Assuming you paid by paypal that one is easy to 'solve' if you've not used any.
Pull the payment back based on not being as described and have him come and collect the 10m you have at your convenience, if he wants it back. Alternatively you'll pay in full when the other 10m arrives...

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

JoelP

posted on 7/6/10 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
id contact first and ask for money back since one is buckled. Then neg if he wont.

Ninehigh

posted on 7/6/10 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
I think you have changed the contract by negotiating a new deal for the remaining bits . I would have told him to "stick it" at the point you discovered he sold the other bits and given him negative at that point.

+1

Hellfire

posted on 7/6/10 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think you should leave negative feedback. The original sale didn't go ahead and instead you negotiated a new sale with him. You had the opportunity to inspect the wheels when you collected them but chose to wait until you got home before inspecting them. Caveat Emptor.

Having said that, I would contact him ASAP and explain that one of the rims is buckled and ask him what he'd like to do about it. I'd try to reach an amicable agreement with him before deciding to leave negative feedback. You may find he's quite reasonable about it...........

Phil

v8kid

posted on 7/6/10 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think Phil has a good point I'll email him so I have a record and try to reach an amicable settlement. If not looks like negative feedback which I don't really like but I'd feel guilty if something similar happened to another person and I could have prevented it.

Cheers

David

v8kid

posted on 8/6/10 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Well the seller acted most honourably. I contacted him and explained from my point of view why I was unhappy with the transaction and asked if we could make an amicable refund.

He agreed with my points and asked what I had in mind.

I tried to be fair looking at it from his view as well as mine and laid out the pro's and con's coming to a final value which he agreed to pay without haggling.

Very hastle free. Thanks to the ballanced advice here I avoided going in with negative feedback achieving a refund and a seller who better appreciates buyers expectations..

Should I give positive feedback now?

Cheers

David

Jon Ison

posted on 8/6/10 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
yes

And here's a lesson to others, don't jump in with 2 feet and leave a big red splodge, instead contact the seller with your problem 1st if its not resolved to your satisfaction then leave whatever feedback you feel apropiate also never open a message to a eBay seller like this...........

"before I leave feedback..........."

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.