Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EDF energy rant
BenB

posted on 14/6/10 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
EDF energy rant

EDF energy really are the biggest load of incompetent winkers in the world.

This jz has now been going on for the best part of four months......

For some reason best known to themselves they have decided that at some point in the last 5 years (during which I've rented my garage) my one electricity meter has turned into two electricty meters. Obviously the meter that doesn't exist has racked up quite a bill based on estimates... First thing I know is when a letter addressed to "the customer" at my garage saying there's a bill for £1000+ for a meter in my garage that isn't there.

I've pointed this out to them five times and yet I'm still getting letters stuck under the door of my garage saying they're going to get a court order to bust open my garage and change the meter to pre-payment. Of course meanwhile I'm merrily paying for the electricty that I am actually using on the meter that actually exists. Which I'm not very happy about on the basis that

a) I've paid my bills immediately for the meter that actually exists
b) it would put my car and contents at risk of theft or damage
c) they might end up swapping the wrong meter, therein putting me on a more expensive tarriff
d) it could effect my credit rating IE CCJ

I've pointed out their error on numerous occasions....

I'm making enquiries about getting a solicitor involved on the basis of

1) defamation of character
2) criminal damage
3) harrassement

Anyone else been the victim of their amazing ability to screw up the most basic aspect of their job?

FFS, it's a good thing they don't start making beer and organising alcohol fuelled parties

mookaloid

posted on 14/6/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Happens all the time with EDF - they are a complete pile of Cr*p

I would just make an appointment with them to change the meter number ......whatever then meet them there and invite them to find the meter. Say that you are looking forward to watching then take out a meter that doesn't exist. Take your bills etc with you to prove that you don't have that meter and that you are paying your bills.

Point out that after they have proved to themselves that the meter is not on your premises then any further correspondence on this matter will be treated as harassment and they can expect to hear from the police.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

BenB

posted on 14/6/10 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I've already said they can come round and count how many meters there are. I'm assuming even they can count that far
turbodisplay

posted on 14/6/10 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Phone watchdog, they love stories like this, and tell them youv`e told watchdog, the thought of negative press might get then to sort their act - then again...................

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oldtimer

posted on 14/6/10 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I had the pushiest EDF door-to-door sales type here the other day. It took about 30 seconds from 'hello' to 'can I use a table to write the agreement up on'..... then she complained that she had started filling in forms and they were now waisted ....like I was supposed to change my mind because she had put my name at the top (she already had it, I didn't give it......) very sharp prectice and the speed/instant false familiarity would have been enough to bulldoze quite a few people I think - very, very unimpressed.
Mal

posted on 14/6/10 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Put your communications to them in writing and send by recorded delivery.
Ask questions that require them to reply
by letter. This will remove the numpty on the end of the phone and you will have a record.

Mal

posted on 14/6/10 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
IN addition to the above, ask them to take a meter reading.
BenB

posted on 14/6/10 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
I might have to get Watchdog involved. I've already discussed it with a friend whose a reporter in the press....... How much publicity do you think EDF want?

Apparantly they've now decided that the meter attached to my account is in garage 38 (despite there not actually being that many garages.....) and my garage now has a totally different meter in it though they're not sure quite when this new meter was supposidly put in.

So now there are two accounts in my garage

1) the one belonging to me, which is now attached to a meter that doesn't exist and which is fully paid up
2) the one belonging to "the customer" which is being sent to my garage even though EDF say it's actually registered as existing in a garage that doesn't exist whereas in fact the meter attached to this account actually does exist and is the one on the wall of my garage.

So if I asked them to come and take a reading they'll find that the meter attached to my account doesn't exist in my garage. However they'd also see the meter that does exist (which they think is in a garage that doesn't exist) and probably get even more convinced that there's someone called "the customer" in my garage who owes them thousands.....

Simples

MikeR

posted on 14/6/10 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Send them a letter saying as they've decided to waste your time you're going to start to bill them.

For every letter that you recieve regarding the garage you will bill them 100 pounds, this is broken down into x for admin, y for authorisation, etc etc. For every phone call its 75 pounds, for every visit to the property, if not prearranged 500 pounds, otherwise 200 pounds - although first visit and phone call is free.

Then when a bill comes in send them an invoice (including one for nothing when they do the first visit / phone call). The finance team won't know what is going on - but hopefully they'll start to hassle internal departments to find out and you'll get someone else 'inside' the company trying to sort this out for you.

[Edited on 14/6/10 by MikeR]

BenB

posted on 14/6/10 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Send them a letter saying as they've decided to waste your time you're going to start to bill them.

For every letter that you recieve regarding the garage you will bill them 100 pounds, this is broken down into x for admin, y for authorisation, etc etc. For every phone call its 75 pounds, for every visit to the property, if not prearranged 500 pounds, otherwise 200 pounds - although first visit and phone call is free.

Then when a bill comes in send them an invoice (including one for nothing when they do the first visit / phone call). The finance team won't know what is going on - but hopefully they'll start to hassle internal departments to find out and you'll get someone else 'inside' the company trying to sort this out for you.

[Edited on 14/6/10 by MikeR]

I hadn't thought off actually sending an invoice but had said that continued contact would be considered agreement of contract with me acting as a consultant in the matter of resolving the issue with "the customer".

mookaloid

posted on 14/6/10 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
further though - complain to the chief executive.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Agriv8

posted on 14/6/10 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
ave a look aroung here

http://www.energy-ombudsman.org.uk/

and let EDF know

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

BenB

posted on 14/6/10 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I've written to the director of customer services and informed them I'm going to the Energy Ombudsman. I'm just looking in my little book of etiquette whether in my letter to EDF I should refer to them as "complete f'ing idiots" or "f'ing complete idiots".

Not used to writing formal letters you see

iank

posted on 14/6/10 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure that's a joke, but courts tend to be more receptive to people who write polite letters.

From now on I'd refuse to take or make any more phone calls. Everything should be via letter (of which you should keep correctly dated hard copies).

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Hellfire

posted on 14/6/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
FWIW, my experience of EDF is extremely good, unlike some other energy companies I won't mention. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones............

Phil

cliftyhanger

posted on 14/6/10 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, I reckon all the suppliers (gas/elecric/water/phones) are absoluely hopeless, really do not know anything apart from what it says on the 'puter

A water leak appeared in a house I was working on. Lead pipe, in a coal cellar put under the road. No stopcock in the pavement or anything. " thats not psooible sir, there must be one or you wouldn't have a water supply"
Next day when a real person turned up "nah, half of Brighton hasn't got a stopcock, those people in teh office know ***** all"

Says it all really. Same house apparently had 4 gas meters when I bought it. Several months later, threats by the gas co of court etc, and I agreed to happily appear, they sent a bloke round. Same thing "happens all the time......"

Just let them take you to court, be a day out and get the judge all unhappy with EDF, plus I think you could ask for expenses no proplem.

Ninehigh

posted on 14/6/10 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Just one thought, what's your name? I'm sure it's not The Customer.

It's not you, the bill's not in your name. I've heard a few asian people get away with this (my name's Ranjeet not Rangit etc)

Just keep telling them this person doesn't exist and if you get another letter off them you'll be posting them a few bricks.

Oh and only a court ordered bailiff is allowed to break in

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.