Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wanted: HTC Desire
mads

posted on 28/12/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
wanted: HTC Desire

hey all,
after a HTC desire (sim-free/unlocked) for the other half. needs to be in good nick if used. anyone got one they dont want? or can someone tell me of a good place to buy one from that is cheaper than CarPhoneWarehouse (currently £360)?

cheers,

mads

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

martyn_16v

posted on 28/12/10 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Does it need to be sim free? I've just been looking myself, O2 have them free on any contract now.
matt_gsxr

posted on 28/12/10 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry can't help with HTC Desire, but Orange San Francisco is £99 on Pay as you go (Orange), and is easily (and freely) transferred to other networks. It gets good reviews and I bought one on the back of those.

You can de-Orange it easily too.

Just a thought if no-one can find a cheap Desire.

Matt

imp paul

posted on 28/12/10 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I have just got a desire it cost me £250 brand new but on t mobile had a debrand and unlock £25 job done now works mint if u need info on debrand +unlock give me a pm good look paul if you can avoid 1 on orange network as some times hard to debrand

[Edited on 28/12/10 by imp paul]

mads

posted on 28/12/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
Does it need to be sim free? I've just been looking myself, O2 have them free on any contract now.

ideally. seen O2 have them for free but minimum of 18 month contract. she may be off abroad in the next 12 months so doesnt want a contract she may not be using. plus, buying a sim-free one is usually cheaper in long run if you get a cheap SIM contract e.g. tesco £10 a month rolling contract.

thanks for the heads up Matt. will bear it in mind.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 28/12/10 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
www.wickedgadget.com

good service from them

MikeRJ

posted on 28/12/10 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
Sorry can't help with HTC Desire, but Orange San Francisco is £99 on Pay as you go (Orange), and is easily (and freely) transferred to other networks. It gets good reviews and I bought one on the back of those.

Excellent value phone, but possibly one of the worst cameras I've ever seen and not in the same league as a Desire.

richardR1

posted on 28/12/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with a cheaper option i'm afraid but just done exactly the same for fiancee for christmas. She is also on the Tesco £10 a month rolling contract for 500 mins and unlimited data and texts. I got a white desire for her from carphone warehouse at the £360 price. More initial outlay but cheaper in the long run.

MK Owners Club Member 1015

JoelP

posted on 28/12/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
id have thought it would be cheaper than £360 to be honest. Getting it on contract £25 over 24 months is £600. Paying £360 up front plus 24 months at £10 is exactly the same, except you get higher usage allowances with the contract, and essentially 2 years interest free credit!

Only benefit is that if you forget when you bought it, you might keep paying £25 a month without realising you are out of contract and could put it on a cheaper tariff.

With the iphone4 it works out a few hundred cheaper to pay upfront rather than get a contract.

JoelP

posted on 28/12/10 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardR1
Can't help with a cheaper option i'm afraid but just done exactly the same for fiancee for christmas. She is also on the Tesco £10 a month rolling contract for 500 mins and unlimited data and texts. I got a white desire for her from carphone warehouse at the £360 price. More initial outlay but cheaper in the long run.

be very cautious on the tesco one richard, i think the unlimited internet is actually 500mb with fair usage, and its an absolutely outrageous £4 per mb after that. Yes, roughly £4000 per Gb.

I know 500mb is hard to use on a mobile, but worth watching out for.

Mr G

posted on 29/12/10 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
As its for your other half won't a HTC wildfire do? My girlfriend can't tell the difference in high resolution on a 37" screen let alone a 3.2" mobile phone screen!

Phones4u are currently doing the Wildfire for £129.99 LINKY The phones they supply online and instore are normally unlocked as standard

Just an option

Cheers

G

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.