Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a few more questions,help needed please
daniel mason

posted on 8/1/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
a few more questions,help needed please

1; am using the mnr aero arches on 13" wheels and was wondering if they give the required wheel coverage for IVA?
2; one of my front wingstays (mnr new type) which are a welded part of the front upright is not bent to 90 degrees on the front part of the bracket so the arch wont sit square to the tyre! is there a safe way of bending the round tube a bit more so it sits square to the tyre? i dont want to kink the tube on the bend!
3; i am using the mnr alloy fuel tank which has 1 outlet at the bottom of the tank and 2 at the top by the filler inlet. i am using the level sender and fuel pump from my s2000 donor which has a pair of outlets also. so whatis the best way to deal with the 3 outlets on my tank, when my aero filler cap and neck has no vent? i was thinking of just linking the 2 on top of the tank together with a small length of fuel hose and putting a longer length of hose on the bottom outlet and fitting a non return valve above the level of the tank? do non return valves let air pass through for venting purposes?
4; where have most of you guys placed your side repeaters? i was thinking on the back of the front arch but wanted to make sure before i start on it!
any help would be great thanks. dan

big_wasa

posted on 8/1/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Repeater in front or rear arch. Rear is much easier to wire up, but watch the distance from the front of the car as per iva.

You can just see mine in the pic I put up earlier.

bassett

posted on 11/1/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about 1 or 2 but doesnt the s2000 lump have a fuel return pipe to go to the rear top outlet and then buy a 2 way breather to plumb to the remaining outlet and let it vent to the atmosphere. i think our breather came from merlin motorsport but wasnt cheap.

My side repeaters are in a pretty boring place just below the mirrors which keeps things easy to wire and check when they blow.
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

daniel mason

posted on 11/1/11 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
the fuel pump and level sender has a pick up and a return for my 2 fuel lines. the tank has its own pick up in the sump of the tank plus 2 outlets on the top.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.