Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jenvey TB on Ford Zetec 2.0 - Have you any experience?
edfielduk

posted on 24/6/11 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Jenvey TB on Ford Zetec 2.0 - Have you any experience?

Hi All,

I'm running a standard fuel-injection setup Ford Zetec 2.0 on my Tiger Avon. I'm looking at cost effective options to enhance performance, and one of the recommendations has been to utilise a Jenvey DTH Throttle Body configuration.

If you have any experience of these I would be interested for your feedback?

Thanks, Ed

mcerd1

posted on 24/6/11 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
All I know about them is they arn't cheap

if cost is a big issue have you considered bike TBs ?

also you'll need an aftermarket ECU of some kind

[Edited on 24/6/2011 by mcerd1]

-

edfielduk

posted on 24/6/11 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not too familiar with the bike TB setup. My limited understanding is that it is certainly a cheaper option, but more often than none there is more setup required than car TB route, and maintaining the setup is also more time consuming. Perhaps that is a matter of opinion. I'd be interested to get your thoughts or experiences there.

For interest, I have set myself a notional limit of £1,000 to increase performance by say 20% (just a figure I seem to have in my head!). The car hasn't been on a rolling road, but with the standard Zetec setup I can only assume at best it is achieving around 138/140 bhp (based on standard engine figures).

My other thinking is that should I increase power to the engine, will any other major components require upgrading as well. I could almost do with a list of minimum part requirements! :-)

Thanks, Ed

will121

posted on 24/6/11 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
if you are considering purpose made throttle bodies another DTH option is AT throttle bodies which ive seen on a friends clio and seem well made,
What ECU are you currently running? as programmable ones be in region of £300- £600, not 100% sure on cost of DTH bodies but expecting £600-£750 region.

When i had mine mapped at Emerald Dave Walker first impression didnt like Bike throttle bodies due to linkage ratios and balancing, however he mapped my respaced GSXR750 setup with no problems, my throttle bodies/manifold/filter cost me around £200.

However for ultimate flow and performance would expect DTH ones to flow /perform better but thats why they cost 3 times as much.

As for other mods what is your current car set up, engine wise shouldnt need much more apart from possibly adjustable fuel pressure regulator/filter

[Edited on 24/6/11 by will121]

zetec

posted on 24/6/11 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
I've got Jenvey DCOE style TBs. They are cheaper option, I think, and very well made. Once fitted and set up which is easy enough very little to ever do. Car starts and runs just like a normal tintop but does sound a lot better!
mcerd1

posted on 24/6/11 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zetec
I've got Jenvey DCOE style TBs. They are cheaper option, I think, and very well made.

I'm sure they are very nice, but I hope you didn't have to pay this much: linky

-

BaileyPerformance

posted on 24/6/11 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edfielduk
Hi All,

I'm running a standard fuel-injection setup Ford Zetec 2.0 on my Tiger Avon. I'm looking at cost effective options to enhance performance, and one of the recommendations has been to utilise a Jenvey DTH Throttle Body configuration.

If you have any experience of these I would be interested for your feedback?

Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed,
Have a look at the Fiesta on my website, megasquirt and Jenvey TBs, made good power on stock engine.
www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 25/6/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey, gone up a bit. Got mine with a Emerald ECU for £1K! Think I got a bargain.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.