Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Elite MX200IL
blume

posted on 21/5/12 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Elite MX200IL

Hello,

I'm running a Megablade and I'm really bored by the westfield reverse box: clunky, noisy, throwing oil everywhere...
I saw a Spire running the Elite MX200IL and thought it is a smart solution, but not very locost.

Nevertheless, I can't see any feedback about it on the web about it's reliability.
So, any experience about this is welcome!

Thanks!

DANMAN

posted on 18/10/12 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
Any more info on these?

Andy B

posted on 18/10/12 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
I approached Elite a number of years ago when we were building John Cutmores 1st Spire for RGB. I wanted an alternative to the muffet diff which was to be Frank a disaster. The elite offered LSD with built in reverse and adjustable drop sets for ratio changes accessible from the rear. At the time there was no feedback as the product was in it's infancy but we decided to use them anyway. Initially pulling away in a race start was problematic as they had machined too big a relief in the lands on the dog sets which caused the gears to bounce and jump. The gears were FEMA honed and the problem solved. Since then there has been about 4 or 5 used in RGB, too my knowledge there have been 3 failures normally associated with the rear bearing which if you don't catch it early leads to gear and shaft damage but these are race cars and they are getting a real pounding. The reverse functions fine and is quite smooth, the diff and LSD are good but the diff does pull some power from the final drive.
Hope that's been useful
Andy

[Edited on 18/10/12 by Andy B]

blume

posted on 19/10/12 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for reply Andy!

And about the power, does it take less power than a usual reverse box (westfield or quaife)?

Andy B

posted on 19/10/12 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I think it is probably on a par with the other reverse boxes out there in terms of losses although I havent backed to backed one on the rolls .
regards
Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.