Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what to do ?
deltron63

posted on 1/7/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
what to do ?

I have spent hours trying to get the chrome windsreen mouldings back in my MGB without any luck. i searched the net, but that was no good either.
So being a Locoster, i thought out of the box and came up with a way of doing it without using the original mouldings.
Do i post a " how to do it " on the various forums or make the kits and flog the on ebay etc ?
What do you lot think?

tomgregory2000

posted on 1/7/12 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Kit and make some money
r1_pete

posted on 1/7/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a coincidence, I was doing exactly the same job on the Jag yesterday, almost an identical mouling section to the MG.

A little silicone grease and they went in in 5 minutes using a blunt screwdriver to ease the rubber over them.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
deltron63

posted on 1/7/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Thats a coincidence, I was doing exactly the same job on the Jag yesterday, almost an identical mouling section to the MG.

A little silicone grease and they went in in 5 minutes using a blunt screwdriver to ease the rubber over them.

Over the years i've done a few but the MG are a real pain. even with the screwdriver method it still tears the rubber ( ask my brand new one sitting in the bin ) I phoned a mate who owns a sreen company and all i got was" good luck mate ". cheers Brian.

rusty nuts

posted on 1/7/12 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
You need a tool that opens the rubber and the pushes the trim into place using a roller. Do a search for windscreen trim tool, I'm sure something will come up . If not let me know I have one somewhere
deltron63

posted on 1/7/12 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
You need a tool that opens the rubber and the pushes the trim into place using a roller. Do a search for windscreen trim tool, I'm sure something will come up . If not let me know I have one somewhere

cheers, iv'e got one of them a diamond shaped tool. they are used to put the locking seal in not the chrome mouldings.
I spent hours looking for a tool but there isn't one

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.