Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bussa westfield advice
John Davis

posted on 17/10/04 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Bussa westfield advice

Thinking of buying bussa westfield.
The engine came from 2 to 4 engineering, it has the dry sump conversion, all the brakes and exhaust is from westfield.
It has gas nitron shocks, front and rear roll bars, propshaft was from westfield, it has reverse box, injected engine.
The chap who built said it has never been on the rolling road to be set up
1) Shouldnt the car be put on a rolling road to be set up
2) the car seems very clonky thru the box I know that they are like this but this seem to be a bit excessive, the chap thinks it is because it has a reverse box and that is why it is more noisey.
3) very bonkey over bumpy surfaces
4)the car does not feel as tight as my MK blade.
5)My car and 3.5K for the westfield seems a fair deal
6) Although this seems a fair I dont want to have to shell out loads to have these "problems" sorrted.
Any feedback will be welcome
Cheers John

tony9876

posted on 17/10/04 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I have a megabusa and the gear change with the standard westfield selector downpiece was rather clonky so i shortened it. The busa motor does deffinently need to be set up properly for use in car and if it hasnt the odds are the suspension,toe in etc hasnt been set up either.
From what i have been told if the selector rod is not shortened it can drastically reduce the life of the gearbox.
It sounds like a bush might be worn in the reverse box or one of the main bolts could be loose which would also cause clunkiness. Give the prop a good yank and there shouldnt be any play.
It sounds like a good deal because it is hard to find megabusa's below 15k.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.