Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tonsillectomy
DarrenW

posted on 12/4/05 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Tonsillectomy

Has anyone had there tonsils taken out as an adult???
I had mine taken out on 4.4.05, still writhing about in pain. Now on 3 different types of pain killer, 1 anti-inflamatory and antibiotics for infection.
I thought it was something that kids get done and recover by eating ice-cream - how wrong i was!!!!

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Im looking for some sympathy!

Darren.

David Jenkins

posted on 12/4/05 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Sympathy?! Here?!

David

P.S. Get well soon!

JamJah

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Had my tonsels scraped after having Infectous Mononucleusosis (Glandular Fever). That was fun. Swirled 2 mouthfulls of vodka flavoured anesphetic (they forgot to say not to swallow it after swirling so i had to have another try to get it right!).
Must admit that was sore after, but that might have been due to the size it was swollen to.
Do have sympathy cos every 10 months or so and everything I even think about getting a cold my tonseils and throat balloon.

Peteff

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I had a Vasectomy.

I reckon if it ends in "ectomy" you know it's going to be painful. The bit that hurt most was when the nurse came round after to dress it and stood there laughing

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

jacobeon

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Pete,
That's the same nurse that dressed my vasectomy.
Alan.

swood

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
operations ending in ectomy

Sympathy for Darrenw, my wife had her tonsills out aged 22 took 3 weeks to get over the worst of the pain, but worth it she is hardly ever has throat infections now.
Pete ff - been ther mate ! have to agree but the needle in the balls almost hurt as much as the nurses sniggers.
Makes my eyes water just remembering it.

Yep anything ending in ectomy has to hurt

When you're up to your ass in alligators you tend to forget the initial objective was to drain the swamp !.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
You poor chap........losing the large garage............ then having your tonsils taken out as an adult???

My heart cries lumpy custard

givemethebighammer

posted on 12/4/05 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
I had mine out two years back (age 31). Worse experience of my life. Pain for about 6 weeks then another 6 weeks before my throat really settled down and I could say it was normal. Worth it - yes I now don't get a sore throat every two weeks, I'm not ill with colds and flu every other week. Also if I get a sore throat now, it last 24 hours and is generally very mild.
Keep taking the painkillers drink loads of water and take it easy, takes time but you'll be glad you did it in 4 months time.

Kissy

posted on 12/4/05 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing as it's 'ectomy' time, I had a patellectomy a few years ago: fell over on a piece of grit and shattered my knee cap, so they took it out. Oh well, as my daughter says "s*** happens". BTW It didn't hurt too much, and no nursey sniggering either. These whingers and their vasectomies; It's bo**ocks isn't it?
flak monkey

posted on 12/4/05 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
These whingers and their vasectomies; It's bo**ocks isn't it?

hehe

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/4/05 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
i had my vasectomy 17 years ago.

i dont remember the injection.

what i do remeber is the shooting pains in the abdomen, where the injection doesnt work. thats cos the doctor 'pulls on some slack' in the tubes to make em easier to cut. once he had em, you could feel the custs, but no pain as such.

dont believe what you are told. vasectomies do hurt when its beign done.

atb

steve

robinbastd

posted on 12/4/05 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
My vasectomy didn't hurt at the time. The worst part was recognising both of the doctors and the nurse who were* all customers of mine. The humiliation of knowing these people certainly helped me to shrivel even more!
The real pain came in the next 4 weeks.

* not seen them since!

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

thekafer

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
No good ever came of an "ectomy"!!!!!

Get well soon! Fletch.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy...

sgraber

posted on 13/4/05 at 03:02 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry about your tonsils there.. Now on to me...

I have to say that my vasectomy was an interesting and disturbing experience. This was some years ago. My brother-in-law Winston is a surgeon, as is my dad. Both respected and not quacks as some doctors are. Well, we were visiting over Christmas, a big family brewhaha, and I mentioned casually to the brother-in-law at some point that I was considering getting "fixed". Of course, he offered right away to do it in his office. For free! It's the weekend and nobody is down there, and he has a full surgical suite. So let's get on down there and snip those bad boys.... Just then my dad walks in the room and bro-in-law says "Hey! Steve wants to get the balls snipped, why don't we all go down to the office and do the job?!" Alright, so we end up down at the office and I'm on the table and my brother-in-law and my dad are ... It was a very strange thing... But the worst part, as Gusterson mentioned, was when they pulled on the chords and I felt it up in my stomach, and then the clamp slipped after they had already made the cut and they had to go fishing around for the loose end... Oy Vey! Worse than a circumcision I would have to say! I was layed out for the entire weekend with my balls on a pillow...

Ok, sorry about yer tonsils...

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.