Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AVG free update
Peteff

posted on 18/11/06 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
AVG free update

There's a new 7.5 version available, support for the old one ends in January.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

donut

posted on 18/11/06 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Just a quick point about this software, the free version does not automatically update itself to the new version so if a virus pops in after the old version has finished the virus can act like theres no anti virus software like what happened to my sons PC.

SO if you have AVG please update manually with the latest version.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fishywick

posted on 18/11/06 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
So does this mean we have to uninstall the 7.1 version and then install the 7.5 version or can it be updated?
omega 24 v6

posted on 18/11/06 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Mmm I've had the 7.5 spyware on for a couple of weeks now it updates itself everytime I go online.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

r3nuf

posted on 18/11/06 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Version 7.1 cunningly points you to a commercial version of 7.5 as an update.

If you look hard they have a small link to a list of all products, one of which is the free (for home use) version.

HTH

Gary

Drive Fast....Brake Late....Take Chances

RichardK

posted on 18/11/06 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
If you use 7.1 you will get an announcement page sometime, it will have a link to the 7.5 page (normally very small writting linking to the http://free.grisoft.com) if you download the latest and run it it will upgrade your 7.1 installation if you choose the repair option, I know you would think it would say upgrade but it doesn't.

Regards

Rich

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 18/11/06 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
The clue is in the link

I put the link to the free grisoft page in the first post, just scroll down to the bit under "what you don't get" and there it is in orange beside the link to the commercial one. The new version automatically uninstalls the old one but does not run without a restart so download it then install it offline if you are paranoid.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.