Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rallye Sunseeker - Bournemouth/New Forest 23rd - 24th Feb
greggors84

posted on 20/2/07 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
Rallye Sunseeker - Bournemouth/New Forest 23rd - 24th Feb

Anyone going this year?

Rally starts Friday night in the town centre, its great seeing the cars coming through the winter gardens then off down the sea front towards Boscombe.

Then Saturday morning the rally goes off into the new Forest, some really good spectating oppourtunities, loads of cars from 106 GTIs to Landy Discos up to WRC cars and 6R4s. Tony Jardin is competing this year in a Ginetta G20 GTR, which is a bit crazy!

Went last year and had a great time, the weather was good too, was pretty warm Saturday in the sun, even though we saw snow Friday night!

Some pics...

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

As you can see you can get close to the action, its quite scary having a Discovery charging towards you at what must be 100+ mph.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

theconrodkid

posted on 20/2/07 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
sounds like a good plan,any wlm members fancy a trip out?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

ned

posted on 20/2/07 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
i'd be up for it, even more so if i could blag a lift from someone

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 20/2/07 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
been going for a few years now as it's just down the road. Good mix of cars and easy to get up close to the stages too.

Won't be going this year as my SVA is next week

twybrow

posted on 20/2/07 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
It is such an awesome event! I worked for Sunseeker so i had VIP tickets (free entry to everywhere and resticted areas). It was such a great event. I always wanted to see a rally and boy was i impressed! The noise of the v6 powered 306 was very impressive, as was watching a Defender roll at about 80mph! Everyone should go... !
greggors84

posted on 23/2/07 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
I spoke to John (Conrod) earlier, hes got my number to give me a call when you get down there.

I think our plan is to go go to Car Park A for the 11.18 start, then go and grab some lunch, then head over to Car Park D for the 14.14 start, then either A or B for the 16:46 or 17:12 depending on times.

You have got to remember on most stages you have to walk 20 mins from the car park to get to the view areas, which is pretty much anywhere on the stage. Its easy to know where to go as there are loads of people walking to the stage.

Also it takes quite a while for all 50 cars to go by so even though there looks like there is alot of time between stages, there isnt really! Even cars lower down the ranks are great to watch so you spend some time on each stage.

Depending on how big a night friday is, we might try and make the 9.45 start at car park C as it will mean we can fit 4 stages in.

You could go to Somerly park for the mid day stage but its an extra £20 per car thats not included in the other 'roaming' car park pass. There is a motor fair and exhibitions there though.

[Edited on 23/2/2007 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.