Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Posting Pictures
mistergrumpy

posted on 5/11/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Posting Pictures

Moan time again Why is it so impossibly hard to post pictures on here. I've just about managed an avatar in summat like 18months and over 1000 posts. I was trying to post a banner thing along the bottom of my posts and even read a post on how to do it but I'm buggered if I can understand or make it work. BB codes, HTML and little words with [and] round them do nothing for me. I've never struggled like this on any other forum is this one just overly complicated for a reason like to side with the computer buffs and laugh at people like me who didn't get taught [, :, and / in English. Internet didn't exist when I was at school, we had to design a garden with flowers and their colours on a green screen with big floppy 5 1/4" disks for my GCSE. Its a conspiracy I reckon!

RazMan

posted on 5/11/07 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
You have already mastered the most difficult bit - uploading to your archive

Simply go into the archive pic that you want to insert in the post, right click, copy (ctrl C) the properties & paste(ctrl V) into the post after clicking the 'image' icon

Like this
Image deleted by owner

p.s. I started on 8" floppies - before that ...... punch tape (yes really)
]

[Edited on 5-11-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dusty

posted on 5/11/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Strange thing is I'm sure I remember when you just clicked on the 'post pic' icon, browsed to the pic on your computer and clicked 'open' like nearly every other forum I post on.
iank

posted on 5/11/07 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Think that's the attach button, the embed picture stuff allows more than one picture per post. Attach doesn't work in all the sections for reasons that escape me.

Either that or learn the bbcode tags, much quicker when you get used to it.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mistergrumpy

posted on 5/11/07 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
^embed pictures? i'm struggling trying to embed women at the moment! what the heck you talking about and that bb thing? I wanted a bec oc picture on the bottom of my posts a banner I think? Genuinely,is this site over complicated and can it be made easier or is it just the way the site was initially set up and therefore can't now be altered?

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 5/11/07 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have just learned how to put a signature up !!! This is my signature picture if you click quote on this post you will see the picture has [img] tags each side if it . Put them each side of your pic and put it in your signature in edit profile. Hope this makes sense !!

omega 24 v6

posted on 5/11/07 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Well I don't understand any of this embeded malarky so what i do is open the pics from my archive(in locostbuilders) the right click and left click properties. Then highlight the properties part with www. etc etc and right click and click copy. Then go into the post I'm writing and click 0on image then in the box right click and paste and it seems to work ok for me.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 5/11/07 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Some info on codes etc here that might help.

iank

posted on 5/11/07 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Well I don't understand any of this embeded malarky so what i do is open the pics from my archive(in locostbuilders) the right click and left click properties. Then highlight the properties part with www. etc etc and right click and click copy. Then go into the post I'm writing and click 0on image then in the box right click and paste and it seems to work ok for me.

That's a lot of words to describe how to embed a picture into your post

For some reason our FAQ isn't linked. But here you go for bbcodes:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/faq.php?page=misc#1

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 5/11/07 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Never mind all this picture and code stuff what happened here then?

[img][/img]

Bluemoon

posted on 5/11/07 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
A FAQ! I've been on hear for years never knew there was a FAQ...... Should be linked some ware I might then look at it!

Dan

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 5/11/07 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
A FAQ! I've been on hear for years never knew there was a FAQ...... Should be linked some ware I might then look at it!

Dan

Me too i never new it existed !! Thats why i posted the link from another site !!

gezer

posted on 5/11/07 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Mr grumpy, this is the worst site i've ever been on regarding the difficulty of posting pickkys, i've managed one to the archive but posting it as an avatar completly escapes me,

punch tape, hell i was already in my late twenties when that was invented,

although as a wood butcher compound mitre joints are no problemo,

I'm to old to live and to young to die --- buggerit

mistergrumpy

posted on 5/11/07 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Compound mitre joints! Don't get me started! Well, nope I still can't get the picture to work so in protest I'm just going to leave it as it is. I don't actually want it to work now The picture that Raz put up is of an angry grinder related incident. Only realised I was burning when it was down to the skin. Try jumping around trying to pull your overalls off with a spinning grinder in your hand

gezer

posted on 5/11/07 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ow painful,

good job it was'nt a few inches further over tho, as you might have needed an avatar change to mr squeeky !!!!

I'm to old to live and to young to die --- buggerit

blakep82

posted on 5/11/07 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
you're almost there,

Hell is a world made of compound mitre joints!
[img]http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=becoc.jpg[/img]
^copy and paste

you missed out the slash in the second img tag. I've turned BBcode off in this post to show what you need to do

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Fozzie

posted on 5/11/07 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Go to your 'Control Panel/Options'

Along the top there is 'Help' click on that.....

All sorts of info there!

HTH Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

mistergrumpy

posted on 5/11/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I did try the help but it didn't make sense to me. Sorry Boss

Fozzie

posted on 5/11/07 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ah ok...well..... Blakep82 has done it for you....
just copy and paste his version and you have done it

Looking at your footer, as Blakep82 says the only thing you have done wrong is to miss out a / on the last tag!

Fozzie

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/11/07 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Okay sulk done. Copied and pasted what Blake has done (cheers) now I get a red cross. Buggeration.

Fozzie

posted on 12/11/07 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
u2u sent......

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/11/07 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Fozzie has sorted it. Thanks all. It seems that if you add the full locostbuilders web address then put it in front of the code that appears under your photo then put the IMG things in brackets at each end of all this then that seems to work.

Fozzie

posted on 12/11/07 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Awww you are very welcome mistergrumps

I am sure there will be easier ways ...but you didn't have the choice (you said) of 'copy image location' when you right clicked......

So I took you the long way around!

Fozzie

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.