Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carb or ITB Manifolds
triumphdave

posted on 17/2/08 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Carb or ITB Manifolds

O.K guys
I have been trying to avoid this but have come to the end of my patience.
As a few of you know already some of the guys have been having trouble getting there orders from the Turbo shop also known as Throttlebodies.com the guy who runs this is also a member on here with the trader tag under his name in his Avatar.I finally received my manifold a couple of weeks ago BUT only because Chris aka Skidmark kindly picked up a few orders for people when he travelled down to get his own.I am adding a few pictures of what I got for my money.As you can imagine I was none too happy with what I got.so I contacted him about the problems and amongst other things was told,"if I had wanted Bogg bros quality I should have gone to them and waited there lead times and payed there prices"which incidently I have,(I ordered back in November and paid £200 for what you see in the photos + a mild steel exhaust flange)
I was also told I was being petty when pointing out the gas flow.
Anyway the guy has flatly refused to give me a refund but agreed to a replacement when I showed him the photos.Since then I have been given the usual runaround as before.
What is interesting is when I threatened him with Trading Standards he informed me he Is not a business so the law does not apply to him.
No doubt he will be on here to defend himself but the photos dont lie and if you search for the turbo shop on here you will see I am not the only one having these problems.

Nice Gas Flow
Apparently I am being Petty
Might have some trouble with me nuts
That gap you can see is a waterway
A tad warped

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

coozer

posted on 17/2/08 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty poo eh? and I thought my homemade job was bad

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

r1_pete

posted on 17/2/08 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I can see you having fun trying to get that to seal against the head, and you cant run nuts up against those welds.

As was said, Boggs are slow but the quality is there, having said that though I got the wrong carbs back from Boggs. with the promise of replacement tops which have never materialised - sent zzr1100 flat tops and got dimple top restricted carbs back.....

Coozer you home made job is top puppy, wish I'd seen it before forking out for the boggo, I'd be breeching your patent...

Pete.

[Edited on 17/2/08 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 17/2/08 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
From the look of those pics I would say that you are justified in getting a replacement at the very least. That gas flow problem is a valid point and not petty at all - it could make mapping quite a challenge with the turbulence it will produce.

One thing though - how long have you waited before posting here?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blue2cv

posted on 17/2/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
As a regular business user of couriers i can only assume that this "trader" must be the unluckiest man in the world, the amount of lost parcels i've had over a 20 year period is less than a handful and then only mislaid for a few hours. It would be interesting to see the airflow readings of your purchase, by the way is that an open waterway showing past the undersize flange
viatron

posted on 17/2/08 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
errr not a business? so what all this then?

http://throttle-bodies.com/shop/conditions.php

triumphdave

posted on 17/2/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blue2cv
by the way is that an open waterway showing past the undersize flange

Yes it is

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

triumphdave

posted on 17/2/08 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan

One thing though - how long have you waited before posting here?

Ordered the original back in November,Received this one 15th Jan,He said he is going away for a month as from today but it was plenty of time to get me my replacement,well thats what he said on the 1st Feb.
This was meant to be a winter project looks like carrying on till well into spring now

blue2cv

posted on 17/2/08 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Did i miss the waterway caption or did you add it, i guess another senior moment occured
skidmark

posted on 18/2/08 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Just seen the post.

My manifold which I had to go and collect myself after more than 10 weeks (exactly the same as triumphdave's) also has the same problems .

I've had to have some aluminium added to cover the waterway (local firm did it for £20) and I've done a lot of work with the dremel to transition as best as I can from the tube to the port (finally found a suitable HSS bit up to the job) .

Unfortunately (once bolted up flat to the head (which it did OK) I found the port spacing is wrong. I've done some more dremelling (a coupe of mm off each of the ports which I didn't really want to do and it looks like it might just about be OK now but by no means ideal - I'll be lucky to get the power output I was hoping for to say the least!!

I wouldn't recommend the turbo shop's work to anybody following my experiences and hope as many people find out about his lack of quality, service and fobbing-off abilities as possible.

I just can't believe he can get away with this sort of behavoiur!

omega 24 v6

posted on 18/2/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Name and shame?????? Justin case anyone else gets caught out.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.