Board logo

Not recieving U2u
Andy_B - 29/11/10 at 10:00 AM

Can somebody help ..i have been sending u2u they have been delivered and read but i am not recieving any could somebody possibly check and see what the problem is ???

speedyxjs - 29/11/10 at 10:04 AM

The person you are sending them to is not replying???

Andy_B - 29/11/10 at 10:05 AM

no the guy has definatley sent me his mobile number but i have not recieved it

trextr7monkey - 29/11/10 at 01:51 PM

I had this the other night - sent a U2u and told bloke onhere he replied saying no messages in his box , I sent another, both showed as unread in my out box. Mystery of the week?
atb
mike

Andy_B - 29/11/10 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trextr7monkey
I had this the other night - sent a U2u and told bloke onhere he replied saying no messages in his box , I sent another, both showed as unread in my out box. Mystery of the week?
atb
mike

Yeah the bloke was me !! re steering rack

angliamotorsport - 29/11/10 at 03:38 PM

Yes I also had someone ask about some bits I have for sale, I sent two u2us and are still not read....problem?

Andy B - 29/11/10 at 04:33 PM

I think I have the answer
I have just opened my mailbox and seem to have loads of messages that are definately not for me, looks like my user name is very similar
I deleted the messages as they contained telephone numbers clearly not intended for me - it could be the underscore thats being missed in the username
best regards
Andy

angliamotorsport - 29/11/10 at 05:31 PM

johnq you have u2u

Fozzie - 29/11/10 at 05:56 PM

This is only a problem to those who have very similar site names.......

In Andy_B's case, it is because there are others ie Andy B ......

The system appears to have a problem with recognising the 'characters', in this case the
underscore ... _ .... which is the only character that differentiates the different
members with the very similar name.

I was sure it had been fixed, but obviously there is a blip.

I have left a message with ChrisW as he does the techie stuff ...

Fozzie

trextr7monkey - 29/11/10 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy_B
quote:
Originally posted by trextr7monkey
atb
mike

Yeah the bloke was me !! re steering rack

Oops sorry - just saw the post on front page while busy doing 4 things at once!! Looks like you are sorted withthe steering rack which was the main point. Maybe everyone should have a user name comprising a band a car and a funny animal
atb
mike [Trextr7monkey]

Andy_B - 5/12/10 at 09:34 AM

Still not working i have U2U'd ChrisW but have had no reply ...supplied my email !! is there anybody else who could fix this for me ? its a bit of a pain if i am trying to purchase or conact local builders with telephone numbers etc etc

ChrisW - 5/12/10 at 12:48 PM

I'm aware of the issue, just not sure how to fix it just yet. It's a bug in the u2u code, the security is being over-zealous when passing the names to the database. Just got to work out the best way to relax the security without introducing a vulnerability.

Chris

Fozzie - 5/12/10 at 05:54 PM

I did manage a work around when we had this issue previously.

However, in this case, sadly, it is not possible....as said before, I thought it had been fixed,
but reading ChrisW's reply, I guess the vulnerability is the issue.

Fozzie

Andy_B - 5/12/10 at 07:02 PM

Would it be possible to change my username then ??

Andy_B - 14/12/10 at 12:00 AM

That will be a no then...cheers for all your help and support admin ...NOT....stick with haynes forum help in abundance...very friendly and all enquires answered....

Fozzie - 14/12/10 at 12:09 AM

quote:
That will be a no then...cheers for all your help and support admin ...NOT....stick with haynes forum help in abundance...very friendly and all enquires answered....

Well sorry....but I have answered all of your enquiries.......the last request was left with ChrisW .......
it would also have been more prudent to use the email facility to contact us directly .....there are a lot of posts and threads made every day to keep up with each and every reply to a thread ...

email would have been more direct, and drawn attention to one of us if your problem had not been resolved ....as in, until your post just now, I was unaware that it had NOT been resolved ...... you could have emailed me...

Fozzie

[Edited on 14-12-10 by Fozzie]

ChrisW - 20/12/10 at 09:10 PM

quote:

As that's your attitude, I'm glad I didn't get around to fixing it.

Chris