Board logo

OE Bike Primaries
scootz - 31/5/11 at 08:55 PM

What do we think of them?

I'm fitting an Aprilia RSVR to the trike and I have an OE exhaust system... my two reasons for not wanting to use it are, a) I want the engine mounted as low in the chassis as possible, so I don't want any space being taken up by exhaust pipes running under the sump, and b) the perception that OE primaries are in some-way compromised.

So, is point b) an urban myth... is it just the OE silencers that are poo?

If I can get pount b) out of my mind, then I may be prepared to compromise on the engine position and save myself a few hundred quid!

franky - 31/5/11 at 09:13 PM

I think on my old rsvr the exhaust was tight up against the bottom of the engine so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine the same on yours?

Fitting a full system on that bike only let up about 8rwhp Cans would do about 5bhp alone.

Gordy - 31/5/11 at 09:16 PM

And if you cant get point b out of your head..............don't compromise

MikeRJ - 1/6/11 at 03:40 AM

There is more power to be had from the standard exhaust system if a couple of balance pipes are added:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141552&highlight=header+mod

scootz - 1/6/11 at 01:20 PM

Cheers guys.

I guess the reason I presume they are compromised is because they HAVE to follow a certain path on a bike. I have carte blanche to route them in pretty much any way I wish! But i it worth the aggro and the wallet-hit for what may be an unnoticeable difference...