Board logo

Engine mountings
tks - 1/9/04 at 02:57 PM

I want to know if the engine mountings have rubbers or not, soow did you use the engine as a stressed member or not.

silex - 1/9/04 at 07:15 PM

I normally rigid mount, but unstressed.

Jasper - 1/9/04 at 07:24 PM

No rubber - unstressed

BTW - the text on your pole makes no sense, so didn't vote.

[Edited on 1/9/04 by Jasper]

Mk-Ninja - 1/9/04 at 07:35 PM

Jasper. Press the right pedal a bit harder, that will stress it

scotlad - 1/9/04 at 08:59 PM

hmmm that vote didn't quite work the way id hoped! mines rigid mount!

tadltd - 1/9/04 at 09:20 PM

Used the exact same mounts as those on the bike - so solid at the 'rear' and rubber at the front.

A lot of work goes into designing those mounts, which is why it's a good idea to carry them over into your build. Stressing an engine in a place it wasn't designed to be could lead to BIG problems...

Mark18 - 2/9/04 at 04:57 PM

I voted for "Yes,i use allot of rubber 1 nick205 scotlad" and I stand by it.

Mark

EDIT: I hardmounted my 'blade by the way.

[Edited on 2/9/04 by Mark18]

phelpsa - 4/9/04 at 04:15 PM

Everytime someone votes its added to the list.

Adam

Hellfire - 6/9/04 at 12:44 AM

No rubber - thanks!

Aloupol - 7/9/04 at 12:10 PM

Surprising to read "no rubber, unstressed"...
Is there something I missed? If it's rigid mounted the stress comes into it, except if the frame is times more rigid than the engine, but I think it's not the rule..
Think twice before applying stress, if it's different (or more important) as in the bike it could lead to heavy mechanical problems..

loafersmate - 7/9/04 at 03:24 PM

The engine is almost suspended in the chassis on two top mounts with a connection to the lower chassis at the rear of the engine (if it's a blade).The rear top mount on the early blade is rubber lined like a metalastic bush (not sure of the later blade or other makes). I think most people are calling it unstressed as it's not designed as a load bearing structure - that's what the chassis is for

Ben

Peteff - 7/9/04 at 05:58 PM

Don't need a rubber as I had a vasectomy. I occasionally get stressed but I am solid mounting my engine. I am in the process of designing a cradle for it as we speak. It moved us to the bottom of the poll and still reads 0%, how strange.