Board logo

Linkage issue?
Matty_o - 21/9/13 at 05:59 PM

Hi, wondering if anyone could help me on this i finally took the mk blade out for its first drive after a few months and have a wee problem with its sticking in first gear. Now the car had a quick shifter fitted (klick tronik thingy) but done away with it and went back to manual shift. When I go to select first its like it has stuck in first by this I mean that the gear stick is stuck and will not move to second and feels like it has kinda over shot the gear. It has a linkage system that was modified slighty to accommodate for the quick shift. Was wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences and could give me a point in the direction to what to do ie adjusting the linkage or something along them lines.

Matty

mark chandler - 21/9/13 at 06:20 PM

Is your clutch dragging?

When moving bikes go between gears easily enough even with a dodgy clutch, I,v had a few blade engines shifting into first has never been an issue, finding neutral is more the challenge.

What's it like going into and out of second when standing still?

Another thought, are you getting full throw on the linkages

[Edited on 21/9/13 by mark chandler]

40inches - 21/9/13 at 06:21 PM

Can you re-engage neutral? I take it this is on the move? First and neutral only would be normal, with the car static.

Matty_o - 21/9/13 at 07:21 PM

In and out of second is fine with no issues and with regards to the throw its almost like there is too much.Once I have selected first and it's stuck I am unable to move it back to select neutral or second, the only way I can free it up is to physically jiggle the part of the linkage closest to the gear box selector rod that it's attached to. Its goes from 1st (when it doesnt get stuck)all the way up to 6th and back down sweet but when first is reselected then it will get stuck in first almost like the linkage is geting stuck or caught on something (its not iv checked this already)making it impossible to push forwards to select neutral or second.If it helps I have to pull back to select first and then forwards to go up the box. It's almost like when pulling back to select first it's pulling to far and over shooting first and getting stuck.

Matty

Matty_o - 22/9/13 at 05:13 PM

Few hours on it today and have got it done it appears that the gear linkage was an after thought when built so stripped everything out and started again. Much nicer and precise gear changes now so very happy bunny. Now where's that nice weather gone lol

Matty