Board logo

And you thought brakes and pads were easy.....
pewe - 4/11/12 at 04:28 PM

Just found this
linky
Worth a read even if you don't have problems.
Also in there a whole article on "brake judder"
Cheers, Pewe10

[Edited on 4/11/12 by pewe]

[Edited on 4/11/12 by pewe]

tomgregory2000 - 4/11/12 at 04:34 PM

Linky no work for me

gingerprince - 4/11/12 at 04:34 PM

linky no worky

se7en - 4/11/12 at 04:41 PM

Link works fine for me

AdrianH - 4/11/12 at 05:19 PM

That is pointing to a file on your local hard disk so will not be viewable.

Adrian

MikeRJ - 4/11/12 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
When I posted an article about very few discs are ever warped and most problems were down to DTV a lot of armchair engineers said that was rubbish and the people who wrote the article did not know what they were talking about despite having decades of experience in the field of motorsport.

So what sort of engineer are you? Hopefully not the sort that believes something because they read it on the internet...

I have replaced discs that have been visibly warped, and ones that have been well outside their tolerance in terms of runout when measured using a DTI. I don't doubt that many problems are caused by pad deposits, but to suggest that genuinely warped discs either don't or rarely occur is simply incorrect. That said a lot of runout problems are caused by badly seated discs IME.

[Edited on 4/11/12 by MikeRJ]

Simon - 4/11/12 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
despite having decades of experience in the field of motorsport.

Decades of experience - at doing things wrong Reminds me of Frank Whittle (aged approx 21) telling all those water pump engineers that the formulae/calcs they'd be using for centuries were wrong.

Just because someone has experience doesn't necessarily make them right, but it might just makes them arrogant.

ATB

Simon