Board logo

Ebay Plasma Cutter
Badger_McLetcher - 7/1/11 at 02:48 AM

COBEL 40A AIR PLASMA CUTTER / WELDER MACHINE on eBay (end time 09-Jan-11 21:24:09 GMT)
Looks a little too good and cheap to be proper... or am I just too cynical?

big_wasa - 7/1/11 at 07:59 AM

same switch gear as mine. Its a cheapo. It does the job !

need4speed - 7/1/11 at 08:22 AM

Just keep watching usually end up around £190, don't ask how I know I had some tool boxes from the same place a couple of years ago they were a good buy, plus I can collect so saves me the postage.

Dave

Daddylonglegs - 7/1/11 at 09:34 AM

Yep, £102 already! Probably the seller getting the bidding going like they always do

procomp - 7/1/11 at 11:46 AM

Hi

If you are wanting to cut over 5mm thick material on a regular basis i would ask for a demonstration. Not seen that particular machine but when i was looking at purchasing a plasma there was a lot of hype from manufacturers as to exactly what there machines where capable of.

Cheers Matt

blakep82 - 7/1/11 at 11:51 AM

i would just ask someone to cut the parts on a waterjet machine

coozer - 7/1/11 at 01:02 PM

I have one exactly and its very good.

Thickest steel I'm tried is 6mm and it cuts through like butter.

interestedparty - 8/1/11 at 03:53 PM

A friend of mine had one, got rid of it in the end because of the amount of air it used, a 2hp 50 ltr compressor couldn't keep up with it. Maybe his was faulty (although it didn't seem to be)?

JoelP - 8/1/11 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by interestedparty
A friend of mine had one, got rid of it in the end because of the amount of air it used, a 2hp 50 ltr compressor couldn't keep up with it. Maybe his was faulty (although it didn't seem to be)?

no suprise there, it is a lot of air they use! Mine only lasts for a short time before a pause is required.

ISTR mine was about 400 from machine mart ive used it about 5 times in 5 years