Board logo

Tool chest question
Wadders - 9/4/12 at 05:37 PM

Does anyone know of any tool chests other than Snap On that have drawers with individual catches.

Ta Al.

owelly - 9/4/12 at 05:59 PM

I have Halfords Industrial. Good quality and they often have good deals on.

deltron63 - 9/4/12 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I have Halfords Industrial. Good quality and they often have good deals on.

+1

Volvorsport - 9/4/12 at 06:48 PM

like right now !!

also check ebay , just missed top and bottom box go quite cheap ....

Wadders - 9/4/12 at 07:04 PM

Cheers chaps, do the drawers lock in as you close them though? On most of the cheaper stuff iv'e looked at, the drawers are free to open without operating a catch first. I need them to latch as they close.

Al.

trextr7monkey - 9/4/12 at 07:33 PM

Yes push hard and it latches each drawer individually
hth
Mike

ashg - 9/4/12 at 07:41 PM

my clark premium ones go in then you push them a bit harder and they lock in, i aso believe the more expensive hd ones do it too. if you only want to lock some of the draws you only push in the ones you want to lock.

will121 - 9/4/12 at 07:46 PM

Even the cheap halfords one I have locks the draws when you close the lid down with rods that hold the draws shut but all at once not individually

Wadders - 9/4/12 at 07:56 PM

It's an intermediate 3 or 4 drawer cab i'm after for the back of my van, hence the need for latching drawers.....It seems Halfords don't do one in the industrial range, but they do in the professional range. Is that their cheaper range? anyone know if the drawers latch on the professional stuff?

Originally posted by will121
Even the cheap halfords one I have locks the draws when you close the lid down with rods that hold the draws shut but all at once not individually

paulix - 16/7/12 at 09:38 AM

yep they do, thats what i bought when they had a silly deal on. its the same shut drawer then push it harder method, you can feel it click in. they also have the drawers locking shut with the top lid closed on the top cabinet which only works if drawers fully clicked in or things start getting bent! its not a perfect mechanism so i removed this bit! this does mean i can't lock mine! despite this i'm chuffed with it, don't pay full price though they always have deals on. my 5 drawer chest and 7 drawer top cabinet (halfords pro' was£280.oo

tomblyth - 16/7/12 at 10:36 AM

Beta tools do chests with a locking systerm on each draw.

tomblyth - 16/7/12 at 10:50 AM

Ive been thinking for some time about buying a full tool kit and have looked at most chest kits, so far I've narrowed it down to two,
has anyone bought these? and whats your opinion?

cheers Tom

sealy sptcombo2 link

sealy apttc02 link

Wadders - 16/7/12 at 06:00 PM

Seems quite expensive to me Tom, my pal bought a Teng Rollcab complete with tools for about £1800

Sorry ignore me i was looking at the list price

Al

[Edited on 16/7/12 by Wadders]