Board logo

bt broadband problems
dave r - 22/6/10 at 08:37 PM

anyone got a phone number where i can speak to an engineer, that is not colonial ?

Wheels244 - 22/6/10 at 08:45 PM

Good luck with that !

Didn't they used to be called BRITISH Telecom ???????????????

One of the many reasons I left them years ago..

Paul TigerB6 - 22/6/10 at 09:14 PM

well there's the topic of the moment - British Petroleum. Thats only 40% British owned and 39% US owned - and simply called BP now.

Didnt we have a car industry in the UK Once upon a time?

norfolkluego - 22/6/10 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
well there's the topic of the moment - British Petroleum. Thats only 40% British owned and 39% US owned - and simply called BP now.

Didnt we have a car industry in the UK Once upon a time?

And IT departments, oh the joy of offshoring

Hellfire - 23/6/10 at 12:34 AM

BT - or Begali Telecom... LOL do not have any UK Call Centres now - they laid them all off!

This was one of the reasons I left BT, oh and that there Broadband was slow! BT said they could not get a faster connection. So after summing up my options I left them and subscribed to SKY.... before you say owt just hear me out!!! LOL

SKY did everything perfectly, change dates, broadband switchover and HD TV install - it still worked out cheaper so I decided to take the plunge... instantly I went from 2.3Mb down load to 4.5Mb download speeds and no throttling on P2P either!!!

The problems I have are non-existant on anything! Broadband is excellent, as is HDTV and Phones... I;m so happy with them that I've just signed up for another 18 months!

The other bonus is - when I call them (or they call me!) they speak in a Geordie Accent (they are from Gateshead!) I asked them and she knew the Bridge flyover and river near and in the centre... I love quizzing them

As far as I can see - move to SKY!

Steve

Flamez - 23/6/10 at 07:13 AM

I always find the helpdesk most helpful and solves the problem each time.

britishtrident - 23/6/10 at 08:35 AM

Just migrate to another provider BT broadband is useless, on the other hand Plusnet (actually owned by BT) is brill they never give any problems I have put about 9 clients on them + one of my own lines.

cd.thomson - 23/6/10 at 08:44 AM

whats the issue with colonial call centres? I've never really got it. Whether its based here or there they're still only going to read you through a flowchart thats in front of them.

I presume you just don't like the accent?

need4speed - 23/6/10 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
BT - or Begali Telecom... LOL do not have any UK Call Centres now - they laid them all off!

Not quite true they still have call centres in the UK and are bringing jobs back onshore. I have just spoken to people in Glasgow & Thurso.

Dave