Board logo

It can all go very wrong....
Benonymous - 31/3/09 at 03:26 AM

Here's a little project car that was driven down to the VOSA inspection station to get its ticket...

Oh dear....

A bit nasty....

The shut lines need a little work.

Paint needs a buff...

Interior needs a feather duster run over it.

Space frame lurking..

Side exit, saves on plumbing.

It seems the whole of the VOSA garage came out to see this and they were all laughing. Apparently it has a Cosworth engine but that doesn't help when there's brake fluid leaking everywhere and the prop is grinding against the chassis.

It was seriously so bad that they slapped a prohibition order on it and told him it could only leave on a trailer

Daddylonglegs - 31/3/09 at 04:14 AM

For once I'm lost for words!!!

Wonder which galaxy he (or she ) comes from......

tomgregory2000 - 31/3/09 at 06:16 AM

keep up guys that was on here a while ago

Danozeman - 31/3/09 at 06:18 AM

F**k me what a state. Cant believe anyone would produce such a thing and present it for test!!

Whos is it? Not yours is it? I see your building an own design?!

speedyxjs - 31/3/09 at 06:19 AM

OMG!!!

Land Locked - 31/3/09 at 06:23 AM

I think those photo's need to be on the workshop wall as a reminder of what I am NOT aiming for.

(Edit: On second thoughts, I doubt it's possible to aim so low.)

Even for South African roads that is TERRIFYING!

[Edited on 31/3/09 by Land Locked]

jabbahutt - 31/3/09 at 06:50 AM

that's put me in a good mood to face the day

priceless

adrianreeve - 31/3/09 at 06:52 AM

That's not the latest creation from 'Chop Shop' is it ?!

ReMan - 31/3/09 at 07:05 AM

It's obvious to me that he rushed the finish on it to get it to SVA rather than the more stringent IVA

deezee - 31/3/09 at 07:10 AM

Thats just wrong. I can't honestly believe anyone would think that looks ok, let alone would pass an SVA? Dunno why its got 2 seats. He clearly doesn't have any mates.

oldtimer - 31/3/09 at 07:25 AM

So, did they test it or not? it might look awful but was it considered to have too many faults to SVA test?

wilkingj - 31/3/09 at 07:34 AM

There is always someone out there who over estimates their ability nd skills

Just OH DEAR!!!!! comes to mind.

blakep82 - 31/3/09 at 07:38 AM

i like it think he's going for the rat look

designer - 31/3/09 at 08:05 AM

Obviously another Ebay purchased with a description stating 'this car will pass the SVA test'

jlparsons - 31/3/09 at 08:09 AM

Can't believe you're all being so mean, I spent hours and hours working on that car.

gingerprince - 31/3/09 at 08:43 AM

My eyes, my eyes, I need some Nitromors for my eyes!

Daddylonglegs - 31/3/09 at 08:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
My eyes, my eyes, I need some Nitromors for my eyes!

nick205 - 31/3/09 at 09:13 AM

Well....I kind off hope that underneath there is a hi-tec titanium round tube space frame chasis with bonded monocoque driver tub and high power bike derived V8 motor which revs clean throuh to 18k rpm. The body work was merely a 1 weekend attempt at an SVA cloak which was intended to disintegrate soon afterwards to reveal the full inner beauty of the drivers creation

....however I fear that's as optimistic as the builders dream of passing that thing through SVA

adithorp - 31/3/09 at 09:44 AM

Looks like the body was moulded in one piece and then he just went round with the jig saw to (neatly ) cut the doors, boot and bonnet...at which point the engine tryed to escape!

As it said on the Barryboys site...
Q. "What was he thinking?"
A. "He didn't look the thinking type!"

adrian