Board logo

show me your boot!
02GF74 - 25/1/06 at 02:30 PM

or to be more precise, the small area behdind the driver and above the pertol tank!

I removed the ply boot floor and will be replacing with aluminium, 1.2 or 1.5 mm, and just looking for ideas so I get it right-ish first time.

Thanks.

muzchap - 25/1/06 at 02:38 PM

Hi mate,

My mate did his with alloy and it constantly rattles :-(

I'm going to use Fibreglass ;-)

Cheers,

Murray

smart51 - 25/1/06 at 02:41 PM

MNR do a GRP boot box which may fit.

I've seen a boot that was formed in chicken wire and then covered in wet fibreglass. Once carpeted it looked alright (in the dark)

balidey - 25/1/06 at 02:54 PM

there are two Westfield GRP boot boxes on e-bay now, may be a good starting point?

Humbug - 25/1/06 at 02:55 PM

I made a template out of cardboard, the cut the same shape out of ali (1 piece), folded and riveted it, and self-tappered it to the chassis. My boot is a bit narrower than some because I have lights on the back panel.

See my photo archive for pics

02GF74 - 25/1/06 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
I made a template out of cardboard, the cut the same shape out of ali (1 piece), folded and riveted it, and self-tappered it to the chassis. My boot is a bit narrower than some because I have lights on the back panel.

See my photo archive for pics

that's the lines I am thinking on; will use lots of silicone sealnat to ensure no rattles

flyingkiwi - 25/1/06 at 04:47 PM

Sorry to hijack but whats the score with a boot floor and SVA? Does the boot have to be removeable?

I plan on covering in the bottom (got a big sheet of Titanium) to *obtain* some ground effect, so with a fixed boot mr SVA won't be able to see in there.

Cheers
Chris

Phil. S - 25/1/06 at 08:56 PM

I made mine out of 1.2mm aluminium and have no rattles. There's a couple of pictures at the bottom of this page

Simon - 25/1/06 at 11:04 PM

Phil,

Very neat

ATB

SImon

NS Dev - 25/1/06 at 11:41 PM

very neat indeed!

Hasse - 26/1/06 at 11:05 AM

Hi,

Made mine out of 1.5 mm alu, splitted in two for easy removal. Screwed on the sides and "resting" on top of the tank with foam rubber between.

No rattling.

Last pic in my archive.

/Hasse

andyharding - 26/1/06 at 12:06 PM

Nope, doesn't need to be removable.

quote:
Originally posted by flyingkiwi
Sorry to hijack but whats the score with a boot floor and SVA? Does the boot have to be removeable?

I plan on covering in the bottom (got a big sheet of Titanium) to *obtain* some ground effect, so with a fixed boot mr SVA won't be able to see in there.

Cheers
Chris

Hellfire - 26/1/06 at 12:58 PM

We made ours from 6mm plywood and then covered in carpet. Undo four screws and the whole boot can be removed.

Boot Box Here

Mark Allanson - 26/1/06 at 01:53 PM

A picky with the lid off Rescued attachment BootWOLid.jpg
Rescued attachment BootWOLid.jpg

Mark Allanson - 26/1/06 at 01:53 PM

..and one with the lid on Rescued attachment BootWLid.jpg
Rescued attachment BootWLid.jpg