Board logo

MNR Race Nose Cone No Bars!
sucksqueezebangblow - 25/2/10 at 11:22 AM

Hi All,

As I have let the cat out of the bag on the turbo nitrous thread I thought I'd post a picture of my nose cone.

MNR custom made it for me. I, like many, don't like the bars because I feel they scream out "PLASTIC" while the open 'cone is more in line with what a traditional ally 'cone would look like after paint.

In fact the 'cone would have been a show stopper for me, but Chris and Marc came up trumps and made me the cone with no bars

I dont like the Westfield's fake ducts for the same reason.

I've added a woven stainless steel mesh grill which will shortly be powder coated black but don't have a photo to show you yet.

[img][/img]

MikeCapon - 25/2/10 at 11:24 AM

Yes. It looks miles better IMO.

Would be nice to see a threequarter view?

cd.thomson - 25/2/10 at 11:25 AM

really good looking alternative

MikeR - 25/2/10 at 11:37 AM

that looks fantastic - you've got to post the pictures with the mesh in it.

Marc - you may get a lot more requests for this style nose!

BenB - 25/2/10 at 11:48 AM

Excellent. Looks much nicer IMHO....

sucksqueezebangblow - 25/2/10 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
that looks fantastic - you've got to post the pictures with the mesh in it.

Not a very good photo but this is it with the mesh in (but not powdercoated as yet)

VortX Grille
VortX Grille

stuart_g - 25/2/10 at 12:01 PM

That looks really good like that although personally I don't mind the bars.
It is a good alternative though as some pepole don't seem to like the nose with bars.

[Edited on 25/2/10 by stuart_g]

jack_t - 25/2/10 at 12:05 PM

do you know how restrictive that mesh is going to be

sucksqueezebangblow - 25/2/10 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jack_t

It should be okay as I have an enourmous race rad on the Busa engine, and carbon louvres to fit to the bonnet for air flow (car has full undertray). But I'll keep an eye on it and get wider mesh if necessary!

TimC - 25/2/10 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sucksqueezebangblow
quote:

It should be okay as I have an enourmous race rad on the Busa engine, and carbon louvres to fit to the bonnet for air flow (car has full undertray). But I'll keep an eye on it and get wider mesh if necessary!

Having worn that T-shirt as it were, I would anticipate problems.

Get Marc to flow-jet somethiing for you. Looks great by the way.

TC

smart51 - 25/2/10 at 12:23 PM

I quite like the bars. It makes the front look more "production". Each to their own I guess. The new open nose with the grille looks good too I suppose.

bassett - 25/2/10 at 01:26 PM

Definitely looks better, i actually photoshopped one a few months back without the slats and had thought about modding one so if they are willing to make more i might have to pick one up.

eddie99 - 25/2/10 at 01:36 PM

I think that looks great and makes the car more unique but as some others have said, i quite like the look of the bars but each to their own

sucksqueezebangblow - 25/2/10 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:
Originally posted by sucksqueezebangblow
quote:

Having worn that T-shirt as it were, I would anticipate problems.

Get Marc to flow-jet somethiing for you. Looks great by the way.

TC

I've found a supplier of 10mm mesh (10mm spaces between wires) so based on your concerns I'll re do the grille in that before powdercoating.

Danozeman - 25/2/10 at 03:50 PM

Looks good that. I like the bars but only in some colours.

Krismc - 25/2/10 at 06:52 PM

Really like that, would love too upgrade to either of new nose cones, but its a differant bonnet as well isnt it??

Johneturbo - 25/2/10 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
Really like that, would love too upgrade to either of new nose cones, but its a differant bonnet as well isnt it??

I had the old style nose on my first car but had to have it replaced when my lower circlip pulled out,i was sent the new style nose and it fitted fine

The Venom Project - 27/2/10 at 11:58 AM

I like it, but prefer the nose with bars as it gives it the MNR look that no other type 7 has...

Krismc - 27/2/10 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc

I had the old style nose on my first car but had to have it replaced when my lower circlip pulled out,i was sent the new style nose and it fitted fine

First time i asked, they said id need a new bonnet so im confused- mybees its because they have changed the lenght of the bonnet since 2006 and yours is the new lenght??

Marc, can you clarify??