Board logo

Hazard warning lights
dazzx10r - 9/7/10 at 12:07 PM

I know this has probably been asked loads of times on here before, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the hazards using a single pole switch? I am using this swich; https://www.europaspares.com/ELECTRICAL/SWITCHES/LED_HAZZARD_SWITCH_RED___WL4014_6538.html
I'm strugling to find a suitable wiring diagram that shows the relay conections, the car is using the std bike loom, i've just lengthend the areas that I need to.

Blackbird Rush - 9/7/10 at 12:35 PM

I might be wrong but the switch looks like it has one feed in and 2 feeds out for LHS & RHS

If this is the case then one of the 3 goes to the relay and the other 2 go to the lights.

Relay will have 3 pins, 12v Permanent live, Earth & the feed to the switch.

Pretty sure this is how mine is wired and it works.

dazzx10r - 9/7/10 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Blackbird Rush
I might be wrong but the switch looks like it has one feed in and 2 feeds out for LHS & RHS

If this is the case then one of the 3 goes to the relay and the other 2 go to the lights.

Relay will have 3 pins, 12v Permanent live, Earth & the feed to the switch.

Pretty sure this is how mine is wired and it works.

there's a supply, output and earth, if you click on the other image you will be able to make it out.

loggyboy - 9/7/10 at 01:32 PM

Will it not need a canceling circuit for the indicators?

dazzx10r - 9/7/10 at 02:12 PM

This is doing my head in now! I've spent an hour searching the net for a wiring diagram and found F@#k ALL! so it looks like another day wasted doing nothing. Over the last few weeks I seem to take one step forward and three steps back, I'm ready for setting fire to this bloody thing, I bought some harnesses last week and found that the lap straps are too long-despite moving the mountings back by 6"
anyway rant over I'm going to the pub F@#k it!

Blackbird Rush - 9/7/10 at 02:41 PM

I'll try and sketch out my wiring for you.....

Blackbird Rush - 11/7/10 at 09:23 AM

Here you go, this is how mine is wired...

If you still want to use the switch you have then you might need to use diodes to keep the LHS & RHS cercuits seperate.

dazzx10r - 12/7/10 at 06:34 PM

cheers for that mate, think I might have sorted it.