Board logo

recaro's
Mday41 - 31/3/11 at 05:31 PM

hi all ive been offerd a pair of re trimmed cream leather recaros was just wondering if they will fit in a roadster? think there from a bmw not to worried about the sub frame really. if not what is the best sort of seats to use.

jacko - 31/3/11 at 05:46 PM

If you mean a 7 type car i don't think they will fit do a search on here for seat widths

Mday41 - 31/3/11 at 05:49 PM

sorry yeas it is a 7 type the haynes roadster thanks for the reply

jacko - 31/3/11 at 05:54 PM

I have just had a look on the net and it says cobra 7 seats are 745 high /400mm wide /and 790 front to rear and they only just fit in a MK type car so how wide are the seats you have

Mday41 - 31/3/11 at 05:59 PM

thats the thing im trying to get hold of my mate who has them so i can measure them i just read somwhere else that only seats that measure 450mm wide will fit. im away on work at the mo so when i get home will measure the frame and seats i probly will still get them they have been re leatherd and havnt been used since write bargin too!!! should b able to make a bit of cheeky profit on them!!

Marcus - 1/4/11 at 10:08 AM

I have recaro seats In mine, well bases anyway, I've had to cut the drivers seat down by 2inches though.
They do come apart easily, so not too much hassle and you can fold the excess material where you can't see it

daviep - 1/4/11 at 10:18 AM

I'm guessing they are going to be quite heavy compared to a GRP seat?