Board logo

1st day out after winter
silky16v - 1/3/13 at 12:24 PM

1st day out for my car since winter and engine spec changes
A little cold but once again the car not failed to put a smile on my face

Anyone else taxed their Cars and out and about today?

[Edited on 1/3/13 by silky16v]

JeffHs - 1/3/13 at 12:48 PM

I was out on Wednesday. I'd forgotten just how nice it is to drive!

scutter - 1/3/13 at 02:42 PM

I took mine out the other day, went down 2 gears rather than one and nearly crashed into the van I was passing. Bit swifter than the old Audi diesel.

ATB Dan.

Johneturbo - 1/3/13 at 03:35 PM

Taxed mine today, but need to put it back together after some maintenance, plus have my mot next sat then it's all systems go and lots of weather permitting!

beaver34 - 1/3/13 at 05:18 PM

just taxed mine today, hopefully out this weekend after 2 years rebuilding

looking forward to it!

Benzine - 1/3/13 at 05:23 PM

Passed MOT test a few hours ago, first one since taking the car off the road at the start of 2008. Chuffed as flip. Went for a quick spin, certainly brisk but grinning all the way Insurance is naff all now that i'm nearly 30, it's about a third what I paid when I last had it on the road.

stevegough - 1/3/13 at 06:10 PM

Great, mine in a couple of days (work calls after my 2 months off for Australia).

Just remember, guys! these cars have a habit of biting!

Westy1994 - 1/3/13 at 06:31 PM

Was going to tax it, then remembered about a bill that needs paying first, maybe next week then....., managed to get the many covers off it and give it a dam good clean and polish however, I always love the 1st run of the year, you forget just how quick they can be ....

lewis - 1/3/13 at 06:51 PM

Mot passed today!! But am away for nearly all of march in Montreal with work so no point taxing it till next month :-(

asn163 - 1/3/13 at 07:04 PM

MOT'd. mine last week, 1st time out since Newark show in June. Just taxed on line so here's hoping for some decent weather next week.

Daddylonglegs - 1/3/13 at 09:29 PM

Finally got mine sorted (I hope!). Using my old Sierra MC with a new set of seals but will change it as soon as I can for a Fiesta or Fiat one as most on here say they give a better feel to the pedal. SORN at the moment but will be getting her back OTR at the end of March. Can't wait

DavidW - 1/3/13 at 10:53 PM

Passed IVA in Novemeber and immediately SORNed it and took it apart.

Finished putting it back together today and off to buy a tax disc in the morning.

I'm very excited!

sdh2903 - 2/3/13 at 08:20 AM

They are still chucking salt down like it's going out of fashion up here so car still tucked away

Shame as well because we've been having some stunningly nice weather.

Proby - 2/3/13 at 09:42 AM

Mine is in bits in the garage, and lots of things going on in life at the moment, struggling to get time in the garage! Huff! Reading posts like this will make me find time I'm sure! Have fun all and drive safely!

redeye - 2/3/13 at 03:48 PM

Plan to tax mine start of next month, had it out the garage to check it all over, still running sweet as a nut.

Cant freakin wait

Furyous - 3/3/13 at 07:11 AM

My Fury is due into Auckland port tomorrow morning. It should be through customs within a couple of weeks, and then hopefully I can get it on the road within a few months. It's Autumn now so it's just going to get wetter from now on!